How To Make - Progressive Tech House 2014 with Dirty Secretz / 267

Sonic Academy is pleased to welcome back Richie from Dirty Secretz to take the helm for this Progressive Tech House workout.

Over the next 11 videos Richie takes apart this groove laden genre, from adding air atmosphere and found sounds, to a hypnotic baseline from ANA. Next we create the pads from scratch and a big room ‘hoover’ FX that evolves throughout the track and finally finishing the sound design with some ANA stab sounds.

To top it all off we end with some mixing and mastering to really bring the track to life!

NB - This is a 3rd party ARTIST SERIES course - and as such expect some 3rd party software to be used during the course such as Xfer LFO Tool. We have also used replacement samples for any third party samples used in this project.

awesome! i want

This track is an absolute beast! Seems such a waste being used just for a video series, needs a release on Sonic Academy Records (let's make this happen lads!)

I think, this is one of the best tutorials so far, but I would love to see such a track and style of house music with Logic X please! Missing it, not only this EDM/Bigroom sounds please!

Thanks in advance for this incredible course, it would be great to see an course of "Big Room" and Progressive House for Ableton Live 9 :)

Great tutorial! Really the one of the best ones out there (and on Sonic Academy). Special congrats to Richie who is one of the clearest and, at the same time, in-depth instructors I heard.

true words!

Guys, thank you for all the positive comments so far, will make sure Richie sees them, we think the track is an absolute beast also!. We will sure have him back soon.

Thank you all very much for the kind comments, glad you've all enjoyed it and found it useful! Any questions I'm happy to answer :)

Are there any alternative links to the videos? These newer tutorials don't seem to work for me at the office. I'm sure it's the settings here, but it would be nice to be able to watch them on my lunch break.

What a great tutorial I learned a ton in this one, thank you SonicAcademy and Richie for sharing your knowledge with us, here's how mine came out.

https://soundcloud.com/sergey-...

Same here. I purchased SA so I could learn music production at work on my night shifts.. seems the newer tutorials blocked. Sad times..

Excellent tutorial - here is how mine came out

https://soundcloud.com/djlloyd...

Nice job, great track

Thanks Sergey

One of the most useful video's i have watched... So far:P will upload my track here in due course:)

Really great tutorial, you say "kind of" more than any other human being on the planet but you are highly skilled :) Awesome work seriously

Best tutorial on sonic academy

wow, great tutorial. you have set the bar mate. top tips and presentation. Enjoyed every moment. More of this please S.A. I agree, awesome work.

can anyone suggest tech tribal sample cd's like the ones used in this tutorial? Thank you