How To Make - Synthwave with Timecop 1983 / 221

You know what I'm taking about,don't act the fool,I see you deleted your tweet when the reply came in with the picture

sorry, but where is the course? It seems to have vanished?

Hi Thomas . We have had to remove the course temporarily . We will hopefully get it back up again as soon as we can

This course was the reason I renewed my subscription. I'll be needing a refund if it's not going to be available again.

Hi Chuck, it's available again now - apologies for the outage

does anyone have a link to the old school drummachine collection Timecop uses here? I tried searching online but wasn't successful

Thanks SA and TimeCop 1983 for this awesome tutorial! For a while I've been wanting to know how to produce this type of music. I'm glad to see that with simple production techniques and tools you can achieve a great sound.

Hi Guys! Great tutorial..the reason I joined up!
Wondering if you can tell me where you got the preset "String PWM Two"? For the melody part!
I've looked everywhere for a presets pack with that patch but cant seem to find it anywhere!
Thanks!

Not sure if this will help you. But that preset is for the u-he Zebra synth. I don't have it but it may come with it. Have you looked into that?

Thanks for the help Alonso! I have Zebra 2 and can't see it anywhere - i'm going to try and re create hopefully i can come up with something close! Its always tough when the instructors use presets that we can't find however they should at least explain how to re create it!

Hey Monty, is the preset not contained in the downloaded resources?

There's a String Lead patch for Zebra in the download resources. Check it out, that might be it. Or you can do what I did because I don't have Zebra. Simply take a screenshot of the synth just when TimeCop opens the preset and then copy the parameters.

https://www.reddit.com/r/edmpr... Enjoy 😉!

thank you Philip. You are THE man!

Great course, really easy to follow and a cool tune! Managed to re-create the track in Logic pro x using ANA & Diva for synths and learnt a lot in the process. Would be great to see more tutorials in this genre. Thanks!

1 Like

One of my favourite Sonic Academy tutorials. I didn’t know I wanted this till I heard it!

2 Likes

Blasted back to my childhood. Great stuff here, Timecop. Really enjoyed this sound and tutorial. Thanks!

more reverb!.

1 Like

I’m trying to match the multiband compressor settings in Ableton but I’m just not getting the sound quite right. Anyone achieve similar result to the FL MB compressor? Perhaps a Tech Tip topic?

Thanks!

Great tutorial! Learnt some very useful production techniques and a solid deconstruction of what makes a synthwave track sound so 80s!

A few improvements to be made. Use more free VSTs and FL studio native plugins/effects to make this more accessible to the starting bedroom producer. Or at least suggest an alternative free plugin/effect that does a similar job. All the paid plugins in this tutorial cost around $200+! I couldn’t master in this tutorial based on the paid plugins and specific presets you use. Also before you even move to mastering, a short section on your approach to mixing would be really helpful!

Great tutorial learned a bunch! :slight_smile:

1 Like