How To Make - Synthwave with Timecop 1983 / 221

We must get Jordy back for another one!

Essential course!

Great lesson. I hope Timecop 1983 comes out with another one.

Perfect !

Very nice tutorial, subscribed for this. My only criticism would be that there was very little mention of mixing. It would of been nice to see how he approaches EQ/compression on a track by track basis. PS Please do more synthwave courses, maybe one at the heavyier end of the genre like megadrive and powerglove. :slight_smile:

Cool!

Thanks!

Very good training which helps to figure out where to start when you’ve got ideas but no good workflow. Timecop1983 also does not use high end gear that noone can afford.
He admit not being a synth programming master, neither a sound engineer (like most of us I guess) , but in the end he produces top quality music, which is the only thing that matters, and he shares again his workflow which is key for me.
As mentionned in another comment I’d like to see more about mixing. Maybe in another one tutorial from Timescop1983 ?
All in all, it’s a must have :slight_smile:

This is pretty helpful to know. always helpful gaining ideas and reference off of this track!

Loving the playthrough!

Love it!

Signed up just for this.

FINALLY more of this style please

Amazing informative and useful. I was trying to find the right start for 80’s / synthwave for a while, and this was just perfect!

Looking forward to watching these. I was about a decade too late for the first wave and made a few tracks on old 90’s trackers in this style but they weren’t well received. Great to see a resurgence of this style.

2 Likes

Amazing tutorial!

1 Like

Great! Helps a lot!

Which Vst is needed for this tuto? thanks !

Total Software Cost to Make Track: $981.55

DAW
FL Studio: Producer Edition $199.00

VSTi
Ana by Sonic Sounds $39.11
Lush-101 by D-16 Group $122.45
OBXD by VST4FREE $0.00
Polysix by Korg $24.99
Runciter - by U-he $149.00 (Uhbik Bundle Pack)
Zebrsa2 by U-he $199.00

FX
Basslane by Tone Projects $0.00
L1 Ultramaximizer by Waves $49.00
MDynamicsMB by Melda $149.00
Valhalla Shimmer by Valhall DSP $50.00

Samples
Free Old School Drum Machine $0.00

1 Like

Thanks!

So awesome. A+