How To Make - Tech House 2019 with Rene Amesz / 707

Tech House 2019 with Rene Amesz

View Course

This week Sonic Academy proudly welcomes back Dutch based House legend Rene Amesz for a brand new course in How To Make Tech House 2019.

This time we get to follow along as Rene starts with a blank template and creates this groove saturated masterpiece that is unmistakably his from the ground up, proving yet again that Tech House is a genre that Rene simply owns!

Carefully choosing the right samples and loops with a ton of layering, editing and shifting off the grid to create swing we see how to build that bouncing funky beat before adding a rolling bass line, vocals and synth stabs. Once all the elements are in place we then check out Rene’s method of arranging the track by taking away sections and using automation to break down and build up tension and always making sure something new is happening throughout the track to keep the listener happy.

Finally we mixdown and carry out a basic master so the track is ready to fill the dance floor with an absolute classic!

Yup, you guessed it… We’re spoiling you again!

We have teamed up with Rene’s label Art Reap Music to bring you another massive remix contest. After the huge success our recent contests we know the standard is getting higher so we’re happily handing this track over to you to make it your own.
What is a competition without prizes? Well If yours is chosen by Rene you could be in with the chance of getting a release on Art Reap Music and turn heads the same way Rene’s been doing for years!
An opportunity not to be missed and exclusive here at Sonic Academy.

So, ourselves and Rene Amesz are super excited to see what you guys can come up with - we know you can smash it. You can now download the parts from this awesome tune and start working your magic!
We have shown you how to make the tune, now it’s over to you to get creative, make a dope remix of this track and show the world your production talent.

Just click the ‘Enter Remix Comp’ button above to find out more! This competition is open to all Sonic Academy registered users.

Contest ends - 2019-06-01 - 07:00:00 UTC

Nice one Rene :^)

Hi, thanks for another great course!

However, the section were Rene adds percussion seems to be missing. If you watch the end of Tutorial 08 - Shuffle Loops you’ll see there is no percussion (the tracks coloured green), and then when you start the next section Tutorial 09 - Vocal Loops the percussion has already been added.

Hope you can sort!

Cheers :slight_smile:
Ben

Nice!

Great tutorial this. Not normally my type of track (although I like to listen to house), and often wondered about creating variety in a track that stays pretty much the same throughout the track.
(Contrast trance, with massive changes: this is more detail-focussed.)
I loved Rene’s attention to detail, and keeping variety through a series of vary small changes.
I do like tutorials when you think: hey, this guy’s doing this in a way I wouldn’t. I was tempted to reach for some extra longer fx, for example, but sticking with Rene’s frugal approach to sample variety showed a different way of working.
Much appreciated and I’ll definitely be entering the remix competition.

Another great course from Rene! Working on a remix tonight! :slight_smile:

@tobypearce @Carlbooth85

Looking forward to hear your remixes guys ! :slight_smile:

In the course is missing the percussion arrangement part…
Everything else is perfect.

Hey there @Huidi & @komical

This has been reported to S.A team by now, a new video should be added soon, just give it a few days for editing & adding to the actual course, thanks for spotting this guys ! :slight_smile:

Doing the final tweaks to my remix guys! Its turned out nicely, i will send it ver in a couple of days :slight_smile:

Hi Guys. The missing video ‘Tutorial 9 - Percussion and Groove’ is now added and available and for any of you that purchased the course to download offline, you’ll find the additional video in your account under ‘My Downloads - Courses’.

1 Like

Just uploaded my remix!

1 Like

Remix Uploaded! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lovely tutorial.
Thanks SA for bringing Rene again.
He is one of the best tutors. Just love his workflow and little tricks. Cheers to Rene for sharing his knowledge.

Last Call for remixes submission !
Contest ends - 2019-06-01 - 07:00:00 UTC

Rene…thank you so much!!! The way you construct your beats is just amazing. The template you start off with is amazing. When you hear complex tech tracks, you wander how they made their beats sound so full and groovy. The way you work on detail at a time makes so much sense. I’m finishing up this tutorial but i think for the next 5 songs I’m just going to use ur workflow with my samples so I can learn your process. I really think your process is iron solid!!

thanks rene and sonic academy

hey could you extend the dates for the remix competition pls!!

Hi there @nastonefasto2

Unfortunately no, that is not possible. Please be aware that all remix competitions at Sonic Academy are running for a 3 weeks time frame and unless their was a major issue like uploads problems, this is a fix time. IMHO it’s a good habit to set yourself a submission date 2 or 3 days ahead of the official contest ends date when you decide to take part in a remix comp.

Remix competitions & last calls for entries are announced by S.A via their web site, social medias and mailing list, so be sure to check those from time to time to be aware of the latest contest as soon as they pop up. New tutorials are uploaded every Friday, so it’s also a good habit to check S.A website on Friday’s evenings to see if there’s not a new course including a remix competition and to have a chance to get the full 3 weeks time for any contest.

Rene checking out all the entries as we speak - Good luck everyone and thanks for all the entries!

1 Like

Thanks for this course Rene!, I learned a lot of new stuff.