How to Make Tech House - Olav Basoski

Hi guys how u doing am i download a couple time the samples from tech house course but when i open the rar file there is only Markknight.alp there is no samples

[quote]iliyandj (10/02/2011)[hr]Hi guys how u doing am i download a couple time the samples from tech house course but when i open the rar file there is only Markknight.alp there is no samples[/quote]

will double check. but the samples should be included in the attached audio folder

so i just open this alp file in my ableton i loaded the samples ableton said everything is installed succesfull but where ?

yes yes yes i saw it

What’s Olav Basoski got to do with Tech House???

Olav certainly isn’t tech! lol

Speaking of which… can we have a HTSL Olav Basoski :smiley: :smiley:

It’s not even done by him when it makes out it is. Anyway, Olaf is just cutting up and filtering old disco samples now if that new track is anything to go by. LAME.

His new stuff’s been awesome imo. Yeah they are sample based, but so what? They’re fresh and exciting, not boring and predictable like a lot of stuff that’s been out for a while now.

[quote]Roben (20/02/2011)[hr]His new stuff’s been awesome imo. Yeah they are sample based, but so what? They’re fresh and exciting, not boring and predictable like a lot of stuff that’s been out for a while now.[/quote]

Sample based stuff is alright sometimes i’ll give you that Robey old mucker… maybe the world has stopped taking ketamine long enough to know most people today can’t make ‘music’ Sample based stuff at least brings some musicality back.

It’s a pretty circular debate in that it comes back over and over again.

Dance music’s foundations are in sampling - sounds, grooves, whole bits of tracks. It’s what you do with them that makes it creative or not. As long as it’s danceable it does its job. Not everything has to be completely original.