How To Make - Tech Trance in Studio One 4 / 646

Nice!

Finally a course with Presonus Studio One :slight_smile:

Beautiful Course!!

good course

Not seeing Psy Bass 1 & 2 in ANA2. Is this from a preset pack?

Hi there @joel1978

Might help to point to a video number & time when referring to tutorials, just to make sure what exactly we are talking about :wink:

In this case, it might very well come from the Trance presets pack from Bjorn Akesson & Protoculture, which is Presets Pack N°5 for ANA 2 ANA 2 Presets Vol. 5 - Trance | Sounds

BTW, If you’re into this genre, there’s also a Psy Trance Presets Pack ( N°6 ) here ANA 2 Presets Vol. 6 - Psy-Trance | Sounds

Quite a straightforward track to make this one, so it is great for a beginner, but even though I’ve been using Studio One for a few years now, I still picked up a load of tips. I didn’t know about the ‘hand’ for automation (serves me right for not RTM) - that alone has saved me loads of time.

A great tutor and great course… I’m a new beginner but this really got me going…

Keep up the good work Bjørn Akesson… like your groove and swinging music…

Great course. I love Bjorn’s style, both musical and for tutoring. Thanks Bjorn and SA!

Very helpful. Thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

I was a Cakewalk refugee looking for a new home when I watched this course months ago. I was impressed enough to purchase Studio One last xmas. I’m still RTM for Studio One and getting comfortable with it so I rewatched the course for some pointers. I learned a bunch of stuff that I can use right now and a bunch of stuff that will come in handy once I make the jump from Ableton to Studio One!

Hey @BDrifter we actually have a How To Use Studio One level 1 coming in a few weeks ! Hope you will get some great info for that !

That is wonderful news! I’m looking forward to that course. I plan on moving all production duties over to Studio by the end of July so that is perfect timing.

Such a slow workflow Bjorn :slight_smile: But still happy to see someone using SO.

I just started up with the Sonic Academy a few weeks ago and my tracks have gotten astronomically better! I love all of the classes I watched so far!

1 Like

Possibly daft newbie question - but where do I get the “Sonic Academy Sample Pack” used for the first kick in the second video?? I’ve downloaded all the project files for this course, as well as the 6 packs that come with Sonic one (Pro Demo) and the sample pack for signing up to the newsletter. Still don’t see all these samples he uses…!

Hi there @pstretton

Checking the video it looks to me as if Bjorn is using a custom named folder here, I can’t find a downloadable pack with a folder name “Sonic Academy Sample Pack” and kicks samples file names like Kick 01.wav / Kick 02.wav …etc.

So either he re-arranged and tagged some S.A samples or it could be that those kicks were generated with S.A Kick 2 Plugin and render as .wav files & organize in a library, but again it looks like a custom library IMO.

Maybe @bjornakesson could confirm this, thanks :wink:

Other drums samples packs from Sonic Academy are available for purchase too, but the files names don’t match either, but there’s a huge Ultimate Drums 1 & 2 collection packs there :slight_smile:

Ultimate Drums - Complete | Sounds

Hey guys! @pstretton @Tekalight

I checked the folder and I found a Readme file inside.

It says:
“Sonic Academy
Gold Web Pass Sample Pack
Released: 11/10/2010”

I hope that helps, if not, then please reach out to the guys at Sonic Academy! :slight_smile:

All the best,
Bjorn

1 Like

@bjornakesson

Thanks a lot for checking this out & chiming in with the solution that was a light bulb :wink:
Just understood my confusion now…LOL

Cheers !

@pstretton

OK, so thanks to Bjorn I got it now, I was looking for this in the Sonic Academy packs available for sale and also in the Your Account/My Downloads/Samples area, thus I could never find it because this pack is actually in your “Subscriber Benefits” area on the site.

From the main page go to Your Account/Subscriptions/Subscriber Benefits/Sounds and this pack is the first one in the list “Subscriber Sample Packs - Sonic Academy Sample Pack

Now the content of this area might vary according to your subscription I suppose, this looks like a pack available for the “Gold” ( yearly subscription plan ).

If your are logged-in this link should work too : Sign Up

Just checked it and it’s the good one, found the same Readme file inside, and that kick 14 used in the tutorial is from there in the Drums/Kicks sub-folder.

Hi Guys!
@bjornakesson @Tekalight, thank you! I’d never have found those packs - got them, everything seems to be in them that’s needed in this tutorial so far.

So far, loving the course, Bjorn. First time making trance so this course is great to follow along with. Keep it up! :slight_smile:

1 Like