How To Make - Tech Trance in Studio One 4 / 646

This course si awesome!! I did others courses with lots of theory content that weren’t really helpful for me because when I tried to apply those lessons into a track I was overwelmed with too many options and didn’t know where to start.
This step by step is so good!!! I’m learning a lot!!
Please add more studio one courses!!

1 Like

Agreed. Please can we have more Studio One (5) courses? Maybe one on Afro House/Techno or Progressive House/Techno?

Hello, could you please share the Psy Bass 1 preset with us as I can’t find it in ANA 2? When I open the project files, ANA 2 doesn’t load up, possibly because it’s a VST2 version and on my system I have VST3 installed.

Actually, a folder with all the presets used in this would be helpful thanks as noticing ANA 2 is used lots but I can;t open the project without missing devices on my DAW. It seems this is an issue other are having if they have VST3 installed. I tried installing VST2 but it still won’t show or load the ANA 2s in the project file provided.

@MdJ

ANA 2 VST 3 should automatically replace the VST 2 since there’s a flag in the plugin code allowing this and Studio One takes advantage of it. That said, depending of the version of ANA 2, and also Studio One version used in the course and yours, this might not work as expected.

The solution is that you need to remove ANA 2 VST 3 plugin file from it’s install location if you want to see ANA 2 VST 2 plugin available inside Studio One.

I’m using a Mac, when the .song is opened the ANA 2 x64 is not detected with S1 5 “Not installed in your system” - could you please share the presets? Cheers.

Hi there @Cubikated

This is a similar issue as described in the previous post here, if you have both ANA 2 VST and VST3 plugins installed on your system, you will need to temporary move ANA2.vst3 plugin from it’s installed folder ( e.g : move it to your desktop ) and Studio 1 will be able to load ANA 2 VST when you open the .song project file after this.

Thanks, I would never have thought about layering the basslines! Now I finally know how producers create those hard hitting basslines

hi can i use studio one plugins in cubase 12?

@koseidon You can use some Presonus plug-ins that are available as VSTs plug-ins compatible with other DAWs ( you should inquire about the PresonusHub manager app for this ) but Studio One “in the box” plug-ins will only work with Studio One.

To my knowledge, you can now purchase the Fat Channel XT for use in other DAWs for ~$80.

This is a great tutorial, however, since I do not have Ana I am using some of my hardware synths (NL3, NL4, Nord Wave, Q, Supernova II, and RADIAS in particular) which sounds more Trance than Tech Trance. A side recommendation I have is for you to navigate through the synths and patches being used, so it is easier to replicate the sounds or create an alternative patch, especially for those such as myself who are working on their sound design skill while picking up/practicing a genre and missing things.

I challenge you to use all stock instruments next time, :wink: especially with the multi instrument. Cheers! Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

1 Like