How to make this bass sound?

Link

I really would like to learn how to make this kind of bass, its common with Andy Moor as well, I guess you could say its slightly Tech Trance because of its edginess. So any suggestions on how to duplicate this would really help, thanks :smiley:

comes in at 0:57

bump?

alright i guess nobody knows thenā€¦><

You arenā€™t wainting long enough. Itā€™s summer. People are on holidays. Donā€™t be so impatient.

Think they are saws. He panned them to Left/Right hard. No center. Timing on the right lags a bit on the left one. Itā€™s kinda delayed.

[quote]daniaan (11/08/2011)[hr]You arenā€™t wainting long enough. Itā€™s summer. People are on holidays. Donā€™t be so impatient.

Think they are saws. He panned them to Left/Right hard. No center. Timing on the right lags a bit on the left one. Itā€™s kinda delayed.[/quote]

i think it sounds more like a stutter rather than a delay but yea i see, why do you think hard panned though? humans arenā€™t able to tell direction of bass too well and the general rule is to not pan bass

That ā€œbassā€ sound has loads of mid and tops so you could an them ok.

It does just sound like a saw osc with maybe 4 voices or so with some sort of driveā€¦ Maybe a tube sat or a touch of amp sim.

Have you tried the synth 101 course? This should give you a basic understanding of whats what.

[quote]phil johnston (11/08/2011)[hr]That ā€œbassā€ sound has loads of mid and tops so you could an them ok.

It does just sound like a saw osc with maybe 4 voices or so with some sort of driveā€¦ Maybe a tube sat or a touch of amp sim.

Have you tried the synth 101 course? This should give you a basic understanding of whats what.[/quote]

yea that makes sense and i actually never realized there was a synth course haha, thanks for the tip ill watch it now

so i went ahead and watched the entire fm synthesis 101 course, it doesnā€™t really go into how to construct layered electronic basses, just showed a soft jazzy one. I get the idea but when i made 4 voices stacking with saw 64s and set the ratio 3:1 it just sounds like a mess, is there something more I need to do?

actually maybe I should use sylenth, it seems to be easier in that