How to make this "whooming" bass sound?

Hi all,

I’m new to production but am learning a lot here at Sonic Academy.

I’m interested in psybient trance and there is a particular (bass?) sound I’m trying to pull off. It’s very audible in Jiggle of the Sphinx by Simon Posford. (This song: - YouTube)

There is a “whooming” sound every other kick. It seems like a fairly basic sound but I haven’t ran across anything similar in the tutorials. I am using Ableton Suite 8.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on what Simon is doing here? Many thanks for any input. :w00t:

[quote]jsrobinson (04/10/2011)[hr]Hi all,

I’m new to production but am learning a lot here at Sonic Academy.

I’m interested in psybient trance and there is a particular (bass?) sound I’m trying to pull off. It’s very audible in Jiggle of the Sphinx by Simon Posford. (This song: - YouTube)

There is a “whooming” sound every other kick. It seems like a fairly basic sound but I haven’t ran across anything similar in the tutorials. I am using Ableton Suite 8.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on what Simon is doing here? Many thanks for any input. :w00t:[/quote]

“whooming”

Thanks for the sarcasm? I’m not sure how to describe the sound, but it’s pretty obvious in that track.

It’s every other kick throughout the majority of the track… does anyone have input as to how to describe that effect or create it?

i’d say it’s a bit more hooming than whooming though surely?

ah, i’ve just seen they’ll be covering ‘whooming’ in the next issue of future music.

Hi to all i am a beginner can anyone tell that how can we increase the effect of Bass or introduce more effective bass in a track.

[quote]kartermichael65 (11/10/2011)[hr]Hi to all i am a beginner can anyone tell that how can we increase the effect of Bass or introduce more effective bass in a track.[/quote]

Thinly veiled man !!

life insurance ?

Your a death monger, and i don’t plan on dying anytime soon, so fcuk off you reaping retard !!:sick: