How To Make - Trance 138 Style with Sean Tyas / 1641

Trance 138 Style with Sean Tyas

View Course

In our third and final ‘How To Make Trance’ course for Trance Takeover, we proudly welcome back Sean Tyas for a fast and furious look at creating a 138 Style classic track from start to finish.

Over these eleven videos, you’ll get a no-holds-barred insight into the world of Sean’s creative and free-flowing production methods, where nothing is ever really set in stone and can alter at any time throughout the process!

After going through the remix parts, Sean gets to work prepping the vocal lines before designing the kicks and basslines and changing up the melodic leads. We then start building the structure using automation and transitions to carry the track, focussing on impactful, hard-hitting drops before carrying out a master so this epic tune can be played out.

Don’t forget all of the resources for all three courses are available for you to utilise in our Trance Takeover remix comp, so once you’ve honed your skills, head over to the remix page to download them so you can get to work on your masterpiece and be in with a chance of winning some incredible prizes!

Check it out!

@seantyasmusic Really amazing course ! Learned a lot !

Thank you!! I really enjoyed working with SA and will probably be doing more in the future.

Shameless plug but i have loads of videos from other workshops at seantyas.sellfy.store if there are any very specific topics you are interested in, most sound design related

1 Like

@seantyasmusic Wow a reply from my fav trance artist ever! … sure, in about 1998 trance music convinced me that there is better energetic music for me than eurodance, but it was your version of Heart to heart that blew me away and you have been ever since! … I hope my family will forgive me one day for how many million times I played it :stuck_out_tongue: … looking forward to begin my journey as producer, and learning from the masters. Thanks for letting me know about your videos! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@seantyasmusic Hey Sir, I am amazed and suprized by the KICK trick that you do all the leveling transient, middle dip part and tail. This is something I have never came across in any tutorial!

Do you suggest this only for this Genre or would it work in general? What are your thoughts?

1 Like

I actually do think it will work for anything. Not tested as its something ive been starting to do more and more lately. Cute and very simply trick really :slight_smile: so happy it helps!

The reason i wanted to create a new technique is because the kick tails of sample pack kicks are soooo muddy and messy these days, so with this technique you can synthesize a perfect tail for any kick attack to attach iit to and crossfade it with…

1 Like

@seantyasmusic Thank you very much!

1 Like

Every band in EQ8 can be a high pass. Thus to get 24dB you just use two high passes. If you group and assign both to the same macro (and save the effect rack if you like), you get a 24dB high pass. You can of course get 36dB using three. It’s just this gets silly once you want four or more of them, so you then use the x4 highpass.

I should have watched more before posting that comment, as you then said exactly what I said. A bad habit of mine (embarrassed).

Amazing course from one of my favorite trance producers.

1 Like