How To Make - Trance Anjuna / Trance 2.0 Style with Protoculture / 1639

Trance Anjuna / Trance 2.0 Style with Protoculture

View Course

Trance Takeover is now in full swing, and this week, we’re bringing you the second epic masterclass in ‘How To Make Trance’ and this time, we welcome back the man that is Protoculture!

Nate has been assigned the task of creating a progressive Anjuna/Trance 2.0 style track, and he does not disappoint! Built from scratch from start to finish in Bitwig Studio, this mammoth course is packed full of pro tips and tricks when it comes to Trance production.

Starting with atmospheres and a running theme, we set the tone for the track before diving into kicks, percussion, arrangement, automation, leads, builds, FX and more before we carry out an extensive mixdown and master.

The end result is an epic track showcasing all the tricks you need to create a massive club ready track.

Don’t forget all of the resources are available for you to utilise in our Trance Takeover remix comp, so once you’ve honed your skills, head over to the remix page to download all our Trance Takeover tutor’s projects and files so you can get to work on your own masterpiece and be in with a chance of winning some incredible prizes!

Get on it!

1 Like

Insane course

2 Likes

Welcome aboard and thank for your comment ! :sunglasses:

Really looking forward working through the course in the next couple of days. Thanks a lot for sharing.

1 Like

Brilliant guys, currently use Ableton but I’ve seen a lot of good things about Bitwig. Looking forward to getting stuck in to this course over the next few days, thanks SA & Protoculture great work!!

1 Like

Hi. Great course so far. Really enjoying it and you convinced me of giving Bitwig a chance. It looks like it’s more performant than Ableton and the workflow is much more efficient. May I ask which PC you are using @ Protoculture? It looks like you have almost no CPU load. Thanks.

1 Like

@FreethinkersInc Check this course, think it might be the same PC build unless it was upgraded since, but only @Protoculture can tell you more :wink:

PC Build for Music with Protoculture

Thanks a lot. I will check it out.

Hehe. Looks like he has chosen almost the same machine like I did. Funny.

AMD Ryzen 5900X
ASUS MOBO ROG STRIX B550-E
64 GByte G-Skill 3600 DDR4
2 TB Samsung M2 SSD Gen4

1 Like

Same PC pretty much yes. This is the one we built for the course here at Sonic Academy. Only real chnages have been the addition of more SSD Drives. I’ve got Sabrents in my machine instead of Samsungs. The 5900x is a beast… its a few years old now and stil lhandles anything I throw at it.

1 Like

third-party plugins which cost around 1500eur … auch

You don’t need to have the same DAW or 3rd party plugins to follow the course along and learn how the track was created. IMO, it’s always informative to see what other producers are using, but you can use your own software and plugins to produce your own track :wink:

I love my 5900X !

Wow! This track sounds HUGE!!!

I know that using .clap plugins would prevent project transferability; however, demoing third-party plugins for poly modulation, like Diva and Hive2, in Bitwig would be beneficial

A thought with the loop trick you do with the bass MIDI, is that you can pre-make a long MIDI, say 8-16 bars, of various bass patterns put end to end, so that you can quickly select/audition them by moving the loop points (rather than having, say, 16 different bass patterns as separate clips, which can take up a lot of space in the clip launcher). Obviously you can’t trigger them with a Push2 or whatever the way you would with separate clips.

Liking the tutorial so far. I don’t have all the same plugins (I couldn’t reproduce the vocal ambience stuff with what I’ve got), and I’m using Ableton instead. So it’s interesting to see which bits of your method are Bitwig specific.

1 Like

Bitwig Studio is a good Daw , Yeahhhh !

1 Like

@fabriceoze Yeahh, Bitwig is defo a great DAW and Protoculture project layout, organisation and workflow deserves 5 stars IMO. Great as a template and excellent example of structured workflow from Nate here, kudos :+1:

Thank You Nate & Sonic Academy for this excellent Tuto.

1 Like

Great course, I actually done the remix using Bitwig for first time coming from Cubase, Enjoyed working in a new Daw, like others didn’t get the time to add stuff that I wanted and what the track needed but on the plus stage I will def be using Bitwig again on next new project.

1 Like