How To Make - Uplifting Trance 2017 with James Dymond / 553

Thank you for course Kick

How open sylenth 3 presets? Old sylenth versionsā€¦

kick 2 makes it so much easier

Iā€™d very much prefer to not gum up my workstation installing an entire DAW demo just to save off a few Sylenth patches. Sonic Academy, can you please include the preset files in the Project Files folder for those of us not using FL Studio?

I will get the sylenth presets from James and include with the resources once he is back from tour.

Ok, guys, there is a new resource on the course page containing audio renders of any synths used, MIDI files of any synth parts and all presets used in the course. Hope this helps everyone!

@sonicc academy Thanks you for updating the resources so quickly.

Very details tutorial.

So many compressors and eqā€™s - itā€™s hard to imagine they are all necessary to change the sound

amazing

please turn on the black key highlighter of the piano-roll(helper ) next time, thx

Love all the James Dymond tutorials, great patient well explaining teacher. I learned a hell of a lot new skills.
Thank you for this, looking forward to the next one!
Martin

nice one

My song is ā€œdoneā€ and would like some feedback, both good and bad. Used my own samples and presets and did the synthriser in Serum. Itā€™s hard but fun! Couldnt make a piano lead, was thinking of using a spirit flute or irish flute but never got to that. Will have to next time :slight_smile: BTW does anyone know any good hardstyle kick tutorials?
Here is the link:

1 Like

i love this course :slight_smile: thanks

Hi everyone,

I really enjoyed the new Uplifting Trance tutorial by James Dymond. He is a really great tutor and would recommend him to anyone producing trance music in the scene. I really learnt a lot from the video course and hope to extend this knowledge in the future. Thanks!

So glad you liked it and learned from it, James makes it seem so easy ;-)!

Great series but I donā€™t understand why not go through some basic composition process behind the melodies, thatā€™s hardly anything unique or unteachable.

The best tutorial on the website. James is superb, keep getting him back!

Really nice tutorial with lots of details. quite important to see it twice :slight_smile:

James is the man for Uplifting Trance and heā€™s the reason why I signed up for SonicAcademy. This time around the track is even better than the previous course, the only thing I didnā€™t like much for this one is that mixing/mastering wise the previous course sounded a bit better. I think there was so much to cover on this one that James didnā€™t have much time to tweak the track to sound the best it could. But again, just minor detail compared to the amount of knowledge that you can get from this course if youā€™re an Uplifting Trance fan. My hope would be that in the future SonicAcademy could book either Sean Tyas or Darren Porter.