How To Make - Uplifting Trance with Bjorn Akesson / 213

not checked Rush just copied the first song analysis from trancemusicmastery http://kepfeltoltes.hu/160209/... it was just an example :) u can delete this one, not wanted to promote other site ofc. here

anyway a trance related tutorial about mode changes would be nice (where to / how to ) hard to find good materials about this any help would be nice :) there are tons of beginner-intermediate tutorials in youtube but expert one ...

trance related MIDI orchestration also would be nice check the https://www.groove3.com/produc... Motivic Development part (ahhh there are so many lovely expert topic :))) ) ok I know u need new subscribers but ...

http://www.sonicacademy.com/Tr...

I have to agree with Chris this is a major over complication of what its a pretty basic structure.from my analysis Arty - Rush is Fm bassline with a Fm add4 on top and Fm Cm A# add9 B#.

Im guessing this is from a differnt song as the chords dont match up at all really.

What are subconsious beats? is this binaural beats? if so they are not something that ive heard any top guys using in their tracks.

maybe its something else?

when u periodically(LFOed auto-filter) remove the top frequencies of every second/fourth(period is can be different on different instruments) kick, snare etc. to cheat a bit the subconscious mind (very subtle not need to be heard really) to keep the interesting of it, human brain gonna find the source material much more interesting

don't want to promote other site about it here :) this is just one the non-promoted/not well-known production techniques ... worth to try it

Dope track!
I just built a wicked lead because of this tutorial! :-D

Bjorn is a great tutor! Nice and detailed!
Thank you!

yes you do mate it's him :)...btw don't be stock on the DAW,can you imagine that I use protools for electronic music and all the stuff has been always in different DAWS?...don't be focused on the DAw mate just get the things deeper :)

Lol well i will have faith then who am i to argue with a legend (will just apply all tips to my preferred DAW engine)

Great tutorial! :D

Chris: I 100% agree, the whole point when it comes to learning is not just how but why. Bjorns tutorial here is top notch! I also very much liked James Dymond's tutorials.

In the future, what I would really love to see here at Sonic Accademy is a tutorial with Alan Morris! I really think you should contact him. To quote Sean Tyas regarding Alan Morris: "This guy can do no wrong!".

Alan uploads videos to youtube with short project walktroughs for most of his released tracks, I've watched them all and it's very informative.
He shows what he's done, and why he did it. Not many top producers does that. Here's his latest video, you should check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

I'd love to see a tutorial here with him making a track from scratch! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/t... the "why some method is good and when it can be used" can be added later to the videos like in this series (in this case u would able to create beginner/intermediate level series in the same time) , maybe per video commenting possibility also would be useful

Can you guys post a list of alternative FREE PLUGINS that can be used in these tutorials?

Cause I don't have an iLOK. :/

Thankā€™s for doing this. This tutorial/masterclass has become a sort of foundation for the way that I work. Iā€™ve been dabbling with dance music production since I was a teenager. Iā€™m well into my mid-30ā€™s now and have developed some sort of mental block to finishing anything. Probably because in the back of my mind Iā€™m wondering, ā€œAm I doing this right?ā€ Having a framework to adopt and then adapt to my creative process has helped me out immensely, especially when that framework came from watching one of the best in the game. Thanks a lot Sonic Academy!

Hi,

Can this track be re-produced in Logic Pro 9. This is what I am on at the moment and Iā€™m still learning the DAW. They all look similar. Iā€™m also a novice and am focusing on learning music theory for now but Iā€™m not good at structured learning. Being thrown in at the deepend seems to work better for me hence I want to re-construct this track in Logic 9. Please advise what plugins I will need for this and any other tips.

Cheers
Shazad

thumbs up Good tut.

Hi Shazman, you can totally follow along in Logic, you may have to replace some of the native Cubase plugins with Logic ones, but this is a great learning tool also. If you get stuck on which plugin to use, post on here and we will try and help you out. Donā€™t forget, you also get audio version of all the synths used and the MIDI parts, so if you donā€™t have a particular synth, you can you the MIDI part or just drag in the .wav version

Just completed this. This has been a super fun and very informative course. Thank you!

Hey guys, Just rejoined SA. Have been Gold member a few times in past
years. For over a decade Iā€™ve wanted to learn how to create ā€œproperā€
(138) trance. I just watched Bjornā€™s interview w/ Chris. Fantastic. This
guy is the real deal. Very musical. Very about form and technique.
Doing things the right way. Okay Iā€™m going to ask this anyway: Any
downside to working this tutorial in Ableton 9 standard? Think I just
need Mr. Aā€™s reassuring approval. Itā€™s already on my machine. I know it
pretty well. What will I be missing, if anything? THANK YOU!

2 Likes

Nice track!!! I am on Logic Pro X, but it is no problem to reconstruct the track on Logic.

One thing in mixing i donā€™t understand: Bjorn puts the level of all tracks to -15 dB to get headroom for mixing. But he leaves all channel faders on 0 dB and sets the input of all channels to -15 dB, f.e. on the output of the software instrument. Would it not be much easier to put the level to - 15 dB with the channel faders?

2 Likes

Brilliant tutorial. It showed me that itā€™s the detail on each track thatā€™s so important. Just bought the ANA synthesiser as I got fed up with the demo threatening to kill four puppies unless I did. Although I like Cubaseā€™s Retrologue, the real pain with it is that the pre-sets donā€™t have descriptive names. thatā€™s where the ANA wins.

Cubase! Finally a real DAW! :wink: