How to midi map two parameters on different synths to one software knob?

Hello!

I was trying to figure out how to control the filters of two different synths playing different notes together with one knob that i can control from ableton (without having to plug a piece of hardware with an actual knob on it).

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Could you not group the two synths together and assign the parameters you want to change to a macro knob.

They are playing different midi notes, so grouping them together would not work I do not think

Why not draw automation in on the clip envelope for both synths and assign a key on your computer keyboard to activate both clips.

I think there is a way to do this, but to make my life alot easier, im gonna get you through it the easy way.

• Make two midi tracks with your synths etc.
  • Group the tracks together.
  • If its filter you would like to control, put an EQ8 or Autofilter on the bus track and you can control the filter cutoff the same way for both tracks.

[quote]howiegroove (13/12/2010)[hr]I think there is a way to do this, but to make my life alot easier, im gonna get you through it the easy way.

• If its filter you would like to control, put an EQ8 or Autofilter on the bus track and you can control the filter cutoff the same way for both tracks.[/quote]

this, or you can midi map both cut offs to one slider/knob on your controller

[quote]seanl (13/12/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (13/12/2010)[hr]I think there is a way to do this, but to make my life alot easier, im gonna get you through it the easy way.

• If its filter you would like to control, put an EQ8 or Autofilter on the bus track and you can control the filter cutoff the same way for both tracks.[/quote]

this, or you can midi map both cut offs to one slider/knob on your controller[/quote]

yup.

This may help ,

sorry you said ‘software knob’

do what egg said

Perfect egg2! Thanks a lot man.

[quote]egg2 (13/12/2010)[hr]This may help ,

[/quote]

showoff ;)

heh heh:D