How to sound like dj chuckie synth line?!

After more than a few hours of trying I’ve finally given up on this one.

I have managed to create of pseudo version but it sounds like **** and lacks all the dynamics that makes chuckies version sound cool.

I am still happy to upload the midi file which I think improves slightly on Daniels but there’s no way I can get the production of the line sounding right.

I’ve played with the oddity patch and although it sounds close I am starting to doubt that the oddity was used and if it really matters.?

Its production technique all the way.

I have made a request on another site (not a competitor) which i’d like to mention but SA’s new site rules won’t allow me. Suffice to say if and when the bassline is recreated with ALL the nuances of the original I’ll post back here and let you all know the score.

In the meanwhile if anybody else has any suggestions on the production side of things regarding the bassline please post your thoughts here.

Apart from what sounds like a sc compressor I really cant tell whats the hell is going on. None of the SA tutorials have covered anything quite as deep (production wise) otherwise this thread wouldn’t exist. lol

I suspect if and when the technique is revealed those of us who have tried and failed will probably kick ourself coz its probably not as complicated as it sounds.

:smiley: