How to sound like progressive house

I think that originality shapes the music industry. There are alot of people that want to sound like Joel. The sound is a touch saturated IMO. It’s great to know his techniques and generally how he acquires his sound, but other then that I feel like its sorta played out. :slight_smile:

yeah gotta agree with howie on this one ,although still pretty popular in east london ,hoxton seems to have nights banging out e-house/breaks style music all week long ,

really people have smashed this sound ,some proper deep house/techno would be a nice change here:cool:

Totally agree Howie… God knows we don’t need any more impersonators but I just find it a tad funny when sollinda(& I know there are many other people who say the same things) said she was sick of deadmau5 & then names two artists who’s sound are totally inspired by it.

Don’t mean to cause offence:P

[quote]squeak2199 (04/02/2010)[hr][quote]sollinda (31/01/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (1/30/2010)[hr][quote]deanokenny1 (1/30/2010)[hr]bita Deadmau5;)[/quote]

NOOOOOOOOO!!! :wink:

Maybe some Kascade or whatevs tho…[/quote]

Hell Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo more like. The whole Deadmau5 has been done.

Any of these i would love to see done

Inpetto

Passenger 10

Edx

Robbie Rivera

Popof, D-Nox and Beckers, for the Techno tutorial[/quote]

I really don’t get why your hating deadmau5 when you like Inpetto & EDX. Inpetto copies his famous lead in every tune & edx does the same but changes the synth a bit & play mostly 7th chords.

You really shouldn’t have anything against his “trancey dancey” tunes when you like stuff that is extremly similar…

Lil rant done for today:)[/quote]

Definition of an opinion is a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

Well HATING is such a strong word to use, I can’t recall stating that I hate Deadmau5. There has been a Dm vid done on here already, I would like to see a proper prog house tutorial. You are entitled to your opinion as am I.

Have a nice day :exclamationmark: