How To Use - Bitwig 5 Beginner Level 1 / 1591

Bitwig 5 Beginner Level 1

View Course

With the release of Bitwig 5 for anyone with an active upgrade plan, we asked Nate, aka Protoculture, to revisit our awesome Beginner’s Bitwig course by Dom Kane to give those of you starting out in the software the lowdown on some of the new features.

This course is split into two parts, firstly looking at the setup, the user interface and how to navigate certain features before moving on to the practical side of creating a new track. Even if you’ve been using Bitwig for a while, there’s plenty of knowledge and production skills to be gained here in getting this powerful DAW to work hard and do the heavy lifting for you.

So it’s over to Protoculture, on the world’s best online music academy, to get you up and running in your new music production venture!

Check it out!

Looking forward to this, thanks to the SA team and Nate of course for the love Bitwig is getting.

1 Like

This was a solid course. I consider myself an intermediate-level Bitwig user, and I learned a lot in your final lesson on automation methods. I look forward to Level 2 being updated, as I think I’ll get a lot more out of that course.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your comment ! :sunglasses:

When can we expect Level 2, with protoculture?

1 Like

Welcome to the forums ! :sunglasses:

I don’t know about upcoming courses, maybe @chris_agnelli can tell more about this.

Any updates on Level 2 now we have some significant Bitwig updates on the way? Loving the content so far.

1 Like

Welcome aboard on the forums and thanks for posting ! :sunglasses:

No info about a Level 2 from Nate at the minute, but his course for the Trance Takeover remix competition is a great one to see him using Bitwig 5 for a full project and you’ll get the project file too :wink:

Cheers

Thanks for the update and the tip, I’ll have to also take a look at that course then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are interested in Bitwig check this out!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your comment ! :sunglasses:

Small correction to tutorial 9. The peak limiter would need to be after the output for it to have any effect. The tutor shows it inline as a note fx, where it shows levels independent of the kick drum output setting.

Excellent introduction to Bitwig. The workflow in Bitwig is very different to other DAWs but a lot of fun.

1 Like

New Bitwig user here, trying RTB on Splice but have heard a lot of good things about it, figured I may as well buy this course to give me the best chance of succeeding with it!

1 Like

Nice one! What style of music are you making?

I see what Janty did there. Crispy Bacon on Bass. Did Agnelli write the talking points on this one? But seriously Nate, this is ace - and I am about to jump in to the next tut level 2! More Bitwig please!

Loving all of this SA, and Nate of course. I have been using Bitwig for a year now and have picked loads of really good titbits of infomration - much thanks… and good to be back!

1 Like