How To Use - Logic Pro X For Beginners / 309

Thanks for the help chris! Now i have another problem. When creating the pads when i hit play my pads do not have anything coming through my speakers, i followed all the steps but there is no sound coming from the pads.

Can you send me a screen shot to chris@sonicacademy.com?

Hey chris I'm still stuck with the same problem but this time i wanna further clarify my problem. So in tutorial 12 when you create a track stack with the pads you could get a signal from the channel strip when you hit play. But for me when i create my track stack and do everything exactly the same as you i don't get any sound coming out of my channel. Also i noticed that when you create your track stack it says bus 4 and has the compressor and channel eq already set under the effects and the top if the channel strip unlike yours mine just says settings instead of aux channel without any effects. Im wondering if that may be the problem of why i don't get a signal when i hit play. There is sound being produced when i hit the notes on my keyboard though.

Can you take a screen shot and sent it to me - chris@sonicacademy.com
Its hard to tell without seeing it.

Hey chris i can't find my MMW Logic Piano midi file. I have already downloaded the files & resources for this tutorial but the file is not in there as well as the MMW Logic Big chords file.

If you open one of the last logic arrange files it will be in the arrangement for you to use

Hi Chris, for Tutorial 3 - Creating a Kick, how do you create a Drag and Drop Samples Kit under the ultrabeat? - I don't have a blank drum kit.

Hey Chris,

I am completely new to logic pro x. I have started to watch the tutorials, I am currently on the 'Creating Hi-Hats' tutorial. You go into Ultrabeat and select a drum kit called 'Drag & Drop Samples' I don't seem to have it. Do you know how or where I can get it please.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Connor,
If you open UB, then go to the top left hand corner to the drop down menu, under 'Drum Kits > you should have 'Drag and Drop Samples' Do you have the 'drum kits' menu available to you?

When I go to the drop down menu of UB and go to 'Drum Kits' it gives me this, but no 'Drag & Drop Samples'

Picture when I open up UB -

You may not have all the logic content installed. Go to 'Logic Pro X' then "download Addition Content' There can be upward of 30gb of content to download, so might take a while. However I believe you can select what content you want to download at that time. Email your address and I will send you the kit to get you going quickly chris@sonicacademy.com

Hi Chris, love the tutorial, are there any plans to produce a tutorial for peak time trance like there is for Ableton Live?

I would say towards the end of the year for a peak time trance - but you never know!

Cool, thanks for the heads up.

Wheres the price for this video to download? (I am a gold member)

I have the same issue. I have emailed you as well.

Just went through the entire course over the weekend. Very easy to follow and can't wait to start up the next tutorial. Thanks!

Hi, I have a question regarding the recording of automation (Tutorial 13). You basically just turn automation on and can record the cut off. But for me, only automating the volume is working. What am I doing wrong? Do you have any idea?

Edit: OK, after some research I've found it. Basically, it's an ES2 bug on some systems :(. See https://www.logicprohelp.com/f...
You have to turn ES2's MIDI mono mode on and off again. After that, it magically works.

Was just looking into this, hadn't realised there was a bug. Glad you got sorted, enjoy the rest of the course .