How To Use - Logic Pro X For Beginners / 309

Logic Pro X For Beginners

View Course

Sonic Academy tutor Chris Agnelli takes you through the key areas of Logic Pro X in the first of our full courses dedicated to this software.

First up we will be taking a look at the main features of Logic Pro X including its user interface. We will then look at creating everything esstential to making a full track from drums and percussion using Drummer to synth parts and writing chords and a becoming familiar with some of the great new features of Logic Pro X such as Track Stacks.  Finally we complete this introductory course by doing an arrangement of our song and finish up with some mixing and mastering.

So if you are new to Logic Pro X or are thinking of moving to it, this is the course for you.

Good and detailed. Thanks for these great tutorials.

Hi Chris, Thanks for the superb course. Everything is well explained. Logic Pro X is more understandable for me now :)
Looking forward to more of your videos. Many thanks!
Regards,

love your tutorial! Though something isn&#039t clear to me...when looking at my peak level display and the volume fader they&#039re the other way around. When adjusting the volume with the fader the level meter doesn&#039t respond....how come?

love your tutorial! Though something isn&#039t clear to me...when looking at my peak level display and the volume fader they&#039re the other way around. When adjusting the volume with the fader the level meter doesn&#039t respond....how come?

never mind found a solution. Though will there be an intermediate tutorial session any soon?

thank you so much! it really helped!

Just what I needed to get a handhold.Feel I can start scratching around in Logic Pro now. As a complete newcomer, didn&#039t think I&#039d be able to make any inroads anytime soon, Just sat through your tutorials end to end, thought they were excellent. Many thanks Chris.

The zip files didn&#039t work. I can&#039t find the samples to follow the video

Nevermind found the files. Great tutorials.

The files can&#039t be downloaded?

I don&#039t have a drag and drop drum kit in my ultrabeat, can someone help me please

very solid, easy to follow introduction to logic X. has made my transition from FL studio much easier.

I'm having Logic platform issues. My compressor plug doesn't have a side chain drop down menu or select tab so i can assign the bus.

similar problem in the ESX no "edit" tab appears. Any ideas???

Go to top menu - Logic Pro X - Preferences - Advanced Tools, and check the box 'show advanced tools' This will give you sidechain on your comp and and edit button for your ex24.

ahhh, the ease of simplicity. lol Thanks

Hi Chris. Im a bit confused on the third video about making a kick. Because when i am going to media and choose all files. Its seems that there aint any samples on my computer. thought they came with the logic pro x app?

Hi Lasse, have you downloaded the files that come with the course. If not on this page go to the 'Files and Resources' tad and download and unzip. All samples will be in there.

hey chris, i have a problem. i can't seem to find the synthesizers in ESX24 when you did it in video 12. i am missing quite a few options under the factory option. How can i get the synthesizers?

Top menu, Logic X - Download additional content.