How to use reverb

Would it be possible to do a how to use reverb tutorial?

I have used Logic’s space designer on snares and congas etc and some of the presets sound amazing!

I own Ableton and just can’t seem to get the same sound out of it!

Is there something I’m doing wrong?

Cheers,

Matt

Use high and low shelf eq to shape your reverbs

Pan your reverbs accordingly

A mono reverb can be better than stereo reverbs for placing sounds at the back of the mix

Is it just me or is the reverb in ableton rubbish? I cant seem to get anything sounding good with it. I honestly dont think there are many good reverb plugins out there. Iv considered a lexicon mx200 or 400 a number of times. From what i can tell the Kurzweil Rumour is the best…not quite sure for electronic music though.

[quote]g-hunter (7/9/2009)[hr]Is it just me or is the reverb in ableton rubbish? I cant seem to get anything sounding good with it. I honestly dont think there are many good reverb plugins out there. Iv considered a lexicon mx200 or 400 a number of times. From what i can tell the Kurzweil Rumour is the best…not quite sure for electronic music though.[/quote]

Dude, try to steer clear of the bottom end Lexicons, you want one with the Lexichip. Altiverb would be a better buy than the MX200/400

http://revolverb.hostrocket.com/

the revolverb site is back up… free convolution reverb for PC

dosnt sound quite as good as altiverb but its way better than the built in verb in ableton

[quote]g-hunter (7/9/2009)[hr]Is it just me or is the reverb in ableton rubbish? I cant seem to get anything sounding good with it. I honestly dont think there are many good reverb plugins out there. Iv considered a lexicon mx200 or 400 a number of times. From what i can tell the Kurzweil Rumour is the best…not quite sure for electronic music though.[/quote]

no its not just you lol. one of the best software plug-ins is space design for logic but software reverbs are few and far between for good quality.

Thankfully I have logic and the space designer is indeed great (like all of logics effects). Never been that hung up on many of there instruments though… apart from ultrabeat that is which I think is massively over-looked.

Would anyone (who owns Logic) be so kind as to put the impulse responses from the Space Designer Impulse Responses folder into a zip folder and email it to me???

Would be massively appreciated!!!

[quote]g-hunter (7/10/2009)[hr]Thankfully I have logic and the space designer is indeed great (like all of logics effects). Never been that hung up on many of there instruments though… apart from ultrabeat that is which I think is massively over-looked.

[/quote]

not even ES1 or ES2?? i love those synths!!!

[quote]matt1171 (7/9/2009)[hr]Would it be possible to do a how to use reverb tutorial?

I have used Logic’s space designer on snares and congas etc and some of the presets sound amazing!

I own Ableton and just can’t seem to get the same sound out of it!

Is there something I’m doing wrong?

Cheers,

Matt[/quote]

you could always create the track in live > export the audio as separate stems > import into logic > mixdown in logic and use the logic effects, compressors and eq’s