HTSL 80's Electro/Electro Pop/Glam Pop

There is something about this music that just jumps out to me and nothing in the music that i dislike. The Mixture of live and electronic drums, Digital and Analogue synths with real instruments and Vocals records through Talk boxes and Vocoders make this genre perfect to learn from.

[quote]jon_fisher (08/08/2010)[hr]There is something about this music that just jumps out to me and nothing in the music that i dislike. quote]

is it because you grew up wearing frankie says relax tops and spandex cutoffs?:smiley:

Could be true

I agree Jon, a lot of the production in the genre can be really sharp and there is always something interesting going on. SA brought us a brilliant tutorial on the 'Aeroplane' slower side of Nu-Disco - it would be great to see the more upbeat poppy side of the genre too.

Good call.

Most of it is really cheesy but I love it! All those 80s synths that were also on early house and techno records the dx7 has alot to answer for

Well up for a tut on this

I’d love to hear a HTSL Blue Monday - New Order :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyoDbX1EkPQ

[quote]Mussi81 (08/08/2010)[hr]Most of it is really cheesy but I love it! All those 80s synths that were also on early house and techno records the dx7 has alot to answer for

Well up for a tut on this[/quote]

Yeah its probably good to cover all those Gaga sounds too lol but seriously to me the music sounds (Timeless is probably the wrong word) as good to day as they did the first time i heard then and there’s always different sounds popping up in the mix.

if you’ve been following us on Facebook you know we love the 80’s here at Sonic, maybe we’re showing our age!

[quote]graham ginty (09/08/2010)[hr]if you’ve been following us on Facebook you know we love the 80’s here at Sonic, maybe we’re showing our age![/quote]

Quality you’ll have no problems doing a in depth tutorial then.

+1 I want to make some bangin arp music =]

Thought you guys/gals may lke this swedish outfit - has that 80’s feel good factor sound

[hr]

Biiiiig ups to this topic. This HTSL would be amazing. Would also crossover into “pop” grounds too.

Key Artists for this sound: Anoraak, GRUM, Diamond Cut, Tesla Boy, Russ Chimes

Also Miami Horror, Lifelike and Futurecop

[quote]rmallam (08/08/2010)[hr]

I agree Jon, a lot of the production in the genre can be really sharp and there is always something interesting going on. SA brought us a brilliant tutorial on the ‘Aeroplane’ slower side of Nu-Disco - it would be great to see the more upbeat poppy side of the genre too.

Good call.[/quote]

Would love an Alex metric/Grum style tutorial

I tried to get help on Miami Horror type synths to no avail… Let’s hope this becomes a priority on the HTSL tutorials soon!

Good call.[/quote]

Would love an Alex metric/Grum style tutorial[/quote]

Alex Metrics stuff, while definitely on the harder side of Nu-disco (almost on the electro house side of the genre) is brilliant atm.

But I still also agree with the Grum style - what Jon 1st brought up - the real 80's - Jupiter 8, arpeggio, talkbox driven side of the genre.