HTSL Hardstyle

Lol i thought id try pull a boneIDOL on this one haha u never know! But in all seriouseness i think giving the harder/faster styles a bit of coverage cant be bad AND Hardstyle is really massive atm and not just in Holland but its showing its head all around the world. Mabey a HTSL Showtek or Headhunterz would be a really nice series for SA to add so that they have even more variety in the tutorials they provide. I will post a few youtube links later when im on my PC. But anyone gonna give me a +1 on this.

Nobody elses style is ever lasting. Couple of songs to check out, Showtek - FTS, Showtek - The World is Mine and Showtek - My 303. All awesome stuff, if you are scared of hardstyle then dont be! The new styled hardstyle has probably the catchiest, biggest melodies you have ever heard, if your into trance its deff worth checking out some of this stuff.

• 100 on this.

I’d love a really good look into makimum impact hard style kick drums, the swing they often have too (kinda triplet feeling) and making that work with the rest of the mix.

Sometimes it seems that the actual kick drum is fairly normal,but the ‘boom’ comes just after as a separate bass sound.

Anyway I’d love a tut in this style for sure, Showtek is a pretty good example for sure, just anything that is VERY kick heavy, will try and post some youtube links soon also.

[quote]jjdejong0 (21/12/2010)[hr]Nobody elses style is ever lasting. Couple of songs to check out, Showtek - FTS, Showtek - The World is Mine and Showtek - My 303. All awesome stuff, if you are scared of hardstyle then dont be! The new styled hardstyle has probably the catchiest, biggest melodies you have ever heard, if your into trance its deff worth checking out some of this stuff.[/quote]

Yes, a lot of it is really well put together too. Some of the European (obviously mainly Dutch) producers are really experienced, and the mixing skills they have sound really open and clear, despite the thud of the drums.

I think a hardstyle kick consists of a few key parts. I know the click part is called the ‘tok’ but i also get the idea the claps/snares are layered cos they always sound really thick and full. The kick and the bass i think are played on the same beat aswell so different basses booms add to the kick as well. Its a pretty complex art it seems lol.

Your style is my style and my style is HARRRDDSTYYYLLEE

I wont back down! I wont back down! I wont back down! My style is everlasting!!! Seriously these guys have the catchiest biggest melodies ever! Lol.

I just read this post after starting a new Hardstyle Request thread. agree 100% that would make an awesome tutorial. there seems to be a few guys on here showing interest in hardstyle! glad to see that. hopefully it will not go unnoticed. :slight_smile:

I’m all for hard music, let’s ave it