HTSL: Pop Music

Dear Phil and Bry,

With Pop music getting more and more dancy today, we would love to see you do a tutorial on Pop Music, in specific something like:

&

B.o.B - Nothin' On You (feat. Bruno Mars) [Official Video] - YouTube

B.o.B - Nothin’ On You [feat. Bruno Mars]

(sorry embedding was disabled)

Even thought im not looking to create pop music, i would be very interested in the layout and any techniques for creating it, as a future producer (hopefully) its likely that i’ll will be working with singers and they will want me to at least know a good layout.

maybe a tech tip on working with vocalist?

-1 no thank you

[quote]Mussi81 (20/01/2011)[hr]-1 no thank you[/quote]

Yeah, you’re a techno guy…doesn’t mean other students have the identical taste.

[quote]beepbeep (20/01/2011)[hr][quote]Mussi81 (20/01/2011)[hr]-1 no thank you[/quote]

Yeah, you’re a techno guy…doesn’t mean other students have the identical taste.[/quote]

I’m just a dance music guy, I support all the different styles of dance music on this site.

+1 for this idea.

would like to see something a bit different, great suggestion! :slight_smile:

[quote]Mussi81 (20/01/2011)[hr]-1 no thank you[/quote]

have to agree with beepbeep here, no one should -1 something,

i dont care for pop music that much but i would rather have a tutorial then not.

I’ve been sick at home for the last couple weeks and while watching TV, I browse all the MTV/VH1/Fuse music video channels. My brother is more into mainstream and we both noticed alot of ‘dancey’ pop tracks; tracks using a pop structure but feature dance elements like 4x4 kicks, etc.

Maybe a tutorial on something like that?

how about a how to steal music Tutorial, featuring Black Eyed Peas. That would work.

i think it would be better to leave pop for last since there are more interesting stuff that haven’t been exploited yet :slight_smile:

[quote]bogdi47 (23/01/2011)[hr]how about a how to steal music Tutorial, featuring Black Eyed Peas. That would work.

[/quote]

Better yet featuring Chris Brown.

Chris Brown - Yeah 3x - YouTube

Remind you of anything?

Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone - YouTube

Beats his girlfriend, does a pathetic interview with Larry King, rips off Calvin Harris, doesn’t respond to him when he calls him out on it… What a guy. But I digress, while I do think there are many valuable things to be learned from producing pop I don’t know if it’s perfect for the home studio setting which I’m assuming a lot of us have. Although, some tips on working with vocals and maybe some other production techniques associated directly with pop (although I can’t think of any right now) would make some cool tech tips or something.

Haha yeah

Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Okf4i9Q1Pg

+1

I am glad this is picking up some traction. Sonic Academy has adressed so many great things, but we are missing a nice, quality pop tutorial. Mix of dance + live drums, big poppy saw/square synths, big vox…lets do this bry and phil.

:hehe::cool::w00t:

+1