HTSL Ravey Breaks

Hi,

I’m not able to open the prodigy set on my PC running Live 8. It seems there’s an AU plugin in the project, and I guess that’s what’s causing Ableton to crash.

Can’t you fix it, like removing or “VSTizing” the plug?

Thanks a lot,

Raphael

i removed the AU from this and included a PC project file in the Project.zip resources. if you redownload the zip file and try it now!

Hi Bryan,

thanks a lot for all your effort.

Nevertheless I’m still getting the “failed to open file” message, after Ableton fails to load GuitarRig2 and FuzzPlus2 (I don’t have any of those plugs).

I guess it must be a problem on my setup since the other users haven’t posted anything similar.

Once more, thanks a lot,

Raphael

Purchase a Mac!!!

j/k I’m an Apple fanboy so I gotta rep my computer company!

About Apple… Yup, I wish I could afford a MacBook Pro… But the sad truth is that you can get a PC as powerful as a Mac for a third of the price or less and get it tailored to your needs. As for stability, though, you’re screwed…

Nevertheless, I think the tutorials should work smoothly on both platforms, don’t you? I wish another PC user commented this post so I could forget about it (if the issue is not confirmed). A bit of an OCD here…:wink:

Anyway, no doubt that if I ever go pro, my choice will be Apple machines.After all, you can’t afford to spend hours solving configuration issues while the client is waiting.

Just a note: this site rocks! I’m absolutely amazed with the quality of the tutorials and the vibe of the community.

Thank u all!

Is there any PC user out there able to open the live set? Needed confirmation if this issue is OS specific or myself specific:P

i will strip all the effects out and repost an empty project for you, see if we can get it working.

it may be a vst that you already have loaded causing the problem.

try disabling all of your vsts and see if you can open the project.

let me know the results

Yup, think you’re right…

I’ve trashed the preferences file and the session opens smoothly, even though all the VSTs and VSTis are missing.

I will try to find out which one is causing the issue and let you know.

Thank you Bryan,

Raphael

[quote]bryan spence (8/20/2009)[hr]i will strip all the effects out and repost an empty project for you, see if we can get it working.

it may be a vst that you already have loaded causing the problem.

try disabling all of your vsts and see if you can open the project.

let me know the results[/quote]

Man… You were right Bryan… RevolVerb (which I had downloaded) was crashing the set (also the Swedish House one…) Strange thing. Now everything is fine:D

My humble apologies for ever doubting the infallible SA Team… Alleluia!

Mazel tov!