I find these Videos Good but useless

i’m a beginner a year ago i took the plunge into production with no experience whatsoever like roben i got the beginners “how to build a track with ableton” tut here on sa then took it from there with the others it never bothered me which daw they were on if anything it helps you get your head round your choosen daw when you have to think out of the box to replicate things

this debate is starting to get a bit old now lol bit like the vinyl vs cd’s it seems to pop up every other week :wink:

[quote]scott (23/06/2010)[hr]I don’t mean to be a ****, no; actually I do. There’s this thing, you’ll find that you’re actually using it, it’s called the Internet and on the Internet they have this thing called Google. If there’s someting on an Ableton tutorial that particularly interests you, then it may be an idea to check with Googlehow to carry outthe particular process within your DAW.[/quote]

yeah your right Google may be a better choice for learning how to make music in cubase . thanks for the damn tip never thought of Google or any search engine before

np

ive have seen this arguement many times now, lets just face it, its for a reason.

some people find it easier than others to tranfer skills.

i personally think its easier to transfer skills learnt in cubase to ableton thats why so many people are using ableton now, right?

i have cubase 5 and never use it, why? because ableton flows better and is simple to use in comparision

The more I see you guys attacking me for a personal view about needing Cubase videos the more I see this site being delete from my Favorites ! If you guys want to be ****s about this then so be it al find help somewhere else

heres a good idea

get ableton.

[quote]georgekadar (23/06/2010)[hr]heres a good idea

get ableton.[/quote]

Dont use Torrents

Man, don’t be like that. These vids are supposed to be an inspriration rather than a go to. I can’t speak for Sonic Academy, but it’s my opinion that they use Ableton because it’s a bloody good and accessible tool. They also use Sylenth because is an awesome v-analogue v-synth. Every technique in the tutorials can be applied to any DAW or any synth. You actually have to apply yourself, rather than being spoon-fed.

I only use Abelton for djing, I use Logic and now; Reason, but while not spouting that I’m a frigging fountain of knowledge, eveything I have learned so far has been from magazines and applying what I taught myself from using hardware samplers/sequencers/guitar pedals, to modern software. I find Youtube to be an amazing source of information, especially from producers outside of what I’m into and using DAWs that I don’t use. It’s all fundamentally the same.

well when first signed in on this site was due because was the only websites that offer Cubase Courses . because other school where trying to force me to learn Ableton or Live and Pay for beginning courses for the mentioned DAWS .

now i haven’t seen any issues SA making tutorials with Ableton because i already know how to use Cubase pretty well , but watching tutorials in Cubase like Dub step thought me some shortcuts to work faster and increase my knowledge about working with ur DAW.

I dont really complain about much following tutorials in Ableton . but it would be nice to have more variety using different DAWS .and not only Ableton.

I understand where u coming from but i think that SA will not dissapoint you . if you have any issues following tutorials in Ableton or question i offer u my help because i work with Cubase too :slight_smile:

[quote]Redemption (23/06/2010)[hr]The more I see you guys attacking me for a personal view about needing Cubase videos the more I see this site being delete from my Favorites ! If you guys want to be ****s about this then so be it al find help somewhere else[/quote]

I wasnt going to reply to you directly after your response after my post last night…

But do you know what - If you are going to call your Thread - I find these videos Good but useless, then be prepared for a straight talking discussion as it appears that you can handle it without getting whiney & taking it personal.

Looks like you were just looking for a row from the get go.

Everyone here has been straight up & decent in replying back to you & honestly, your responses totally take away from your argument.

You’re letting yourself down Man. Dont know if thats how you act in the real world, but that type of behaviour is ridiculous here too. Embarrassed for you.

Stop looking for sympathy over nothing & get going with the Tut’s. If you have any questions, then I’m sure people will help ya - but quit the childish bite backs for fcks sake, otherwise no-ones gonna help.

Best of luck! :slight_smile:

[quote]Redemption (23/06/2010)[hr]The more I see you guys attacking me for a personal view about needing Cubase videos the more I see this site being delete from my Favorites ! If you guys want to be ****s about this then so be it al find help somewhere else[/quote]

i dont think anyone wanted to insult or attack you in any way, but you are asking for something very unreasonable, sonic academy does try to cater for all the DAW’s but the majority here are ableton users, and really if you arent lazy too learn your DAW it should not be THAT hard to translate the ableton tutorials into any DAW of your choosing, of course its going to be different but do you really want to replicate the whole tutorial, of course not, you learn techinques and ideas from it and apply it to your own workflow. If you are a beginner then you should really try learning your DAW first on a basic level.

Also SA has already said they are working on making the logic and cubase vids.

[quote]icn (23/06/2010)[hr][quote]Redemption (23/06/2010)[hr]The more I see you guys attacking me for a personal view about needing Cubase videos the more I see this site being delete from my Favorites ! If you guys want to be ****s about this then so be it al find help somewhere else[/quote]

I wasnt going to reply to you directly after your response after my post last night…

But do you know what - If you are going to call your Thread - I find these videos Good but useless, then be prepared for a straight talking discussion as it appears that you can handle it without getting whiney & taking it personal.

Looks like you were just looking for a row from the get go.

Everyone here has been straight up & decent in replying back to you & honestly, your responses totally take away from your argument.

You’re letting yourself down Man. Dont know if thats how you act in the real world, but that type of behaviour is ridiculous here too. Embarrassed for you.

Stop looking for sympathy over nothing & get going with the Tut’s. If you have any questions, then I’m sure people will help ya - but quit the childish bite backs for fcks sake, otherwise no-ones gonna help.

Best of luck! :)[/quote]

[i]This is about Cubase and most on here are being ****s . I only asked something then I get hell fire for it . Embarrassed for what ? and looking for sympathy that’s just pathetic if you think that’s what IM looking for !

Having just read all the posts bar one - everyone has been trying to encourage you and give some sound advice. Try discussing on other music forums then you would know what attacking really is.

You say your not rich - I can speak for myself nor am I mate as I have other responsibilities but saved up for Suite after trying out all the other DAWs but I would not say oh SA Tuts are useless just because they choose to do it in say Logic.

Also you may forget SA s a busness like anyother and has to cater and attract customers and Ableton like it loathe it or whatever it seems to have a growing user base.

First of why can’t we all just live in peace? :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Just to be clear, I’d rather pull my own arm off the do anything in cubase (I had 3 years of it at uni)

But if the website promises to cater for all major DAWs than it should really.

The fact that a tutorial is in your chosen DAW makes it easier and more fun to follow. It’s what the site promises and as Phil said it will deliver it. I’m sure that we all have very different approaches to learning, time available, etc

So as valid as the advice given here is, one’s opinion on usefulness of the video shouldn’t be debated.

I find all cubase videos useless, not because they are, but because I don’t want to see this software ever again.

[quote]seanl (23/06/2010)[hr]First of why can’t we all just live in peace? :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Just to be clear, I’d rather pull my own arm off the do anything in cubase (I had 3 years of it at uni)

But if the website promises to cater for all major DAWs than it should really.

The fact that a tutorial is in your chosen DAW makes it easier and more fun to follow. It’s what the site promises and as Phil said it will deliver it. I’m sure that we all have very different approaches to learning, time available, etc

So as valid as the advice given here is, one’s opinion on usefulness of the video shouldn’t be debated.

I find all cubase videos useless, not because they are, but because I don’t want to see this software ever again.

[/quote]

lol it took 3 years to learn how to use cubase ? and still hate it ? wow . if i would invest 3 years in learning howto use any DAW out there i would probably love it rather than Hate it .

because ppl break the peace with silly comments!!

3 years of music technology degree mate, cubase was main daw but we also used ableton, many assignments were cubase based unfortunately, but that’s due to fact that the course was designed for more all round production, from multimedia to rock bands, etc so I guess Cubase is more versatile in that respect

[quote]seanl (23/06/2010)[hr]3 years of music technology degree mate, cubase was main daw but we also used ableton, many assignments were cubase based unfortunately, but that’s due to fact that the course was designed for more all round production, from multimedia to rock bands, etc so I guess Cubase is more versatile in that respect[/quote]

ohh no wonder u hate to work in Cubase :). i started with Cubase only and use ableton later on . I use ableton to Dj and sometimes or like a slave for the Plug ins but if i would have the chance to learn both i would probably go with Ableton too .

I think that’ll do for this one! thanks everyone for your input… as i already said we will be doing prog in cubase and logic and hopefully most future course too so everyone’s a winner yay!