Importing tracks into a differt DAW

Hi guys :wink: I have written a track in Ableton and was wondering is it possible to import the written track from Ableton into Cubase 5 to do my arrangement etc?

If show what is the process?

Thanks for any help and tips.

Damian.

Wellā€¦

You can bounce the each individual track / channel - with or withoutĀ FX / sidechainingĀ etcā€¦ as audio - Which would be stems.

You can them import them as just audio.

If its just @ the embryonic loop stageā€¦ You could bounce the loops dry or wey & choose to use Cubaseā€™s fx if you prefer.

You could also save any synth patchesĀ & export the midi file from Live & then import that into Cubase. Just open up the Synth & load the patch and off you go.

Thanks for the reply.

I have a full loop produced in Ableton now, just wondering how do I get it into Cubase now for arrangement.

What is the process? By that I mean do I go into file in Cubase add track from Ableton or something, sorry I am a complete novice.

[quote]Damian (11/07/2010)[hr]Thanks for the reply.
I have a full loop produced in Ableton now, just wondering how do I get it into Cubase now for arrangement.
What is the process? By that I mean do I go into file in Cubase add track from Ableton or something, sorry I am a complete novice.[/quote]

Haha!

years since Iā€™ve used Cubase - Theres an Audio Pool right? Load everything into there & Iā€™d imagine you can import the lot in one go & theyā€™ll self assign to tracks.

Failing that, Import them one by one (Not sure if you can Drag & drop from your browser in Cubaseā€¦). Probably you should have a look around the ā€œFileā€ menuā€¦ the import audio file bit. There might even be an import Folder / batch & then you can select more than one file @ a time.

Sorry Mate - About 8 years since I last messed around w.Cubaseā€¦ We never got on! LOL

Let us know how you get on Man :slight_smile:

Nice one I will have a look at it now. Thanks for your help :wink:

No worries Manā€¦

Takes a while to find the easiest way for you personally to switch between Appā€™s like that.

Itā€™ll be worth it in the end! :wink:

Just dont forget to watch all your levels for clipping etcā€¦