In The Studio with... Avicci / Tim Berg

This months Future Music mag comes with over 60 mins of Avicci in the studio, watching this lad is really interesting, he’s like a whizz kid or something!

Seen the teaser. But is he still working with FL?

Damnnnnn

I watched the videos last night, quite inspiring. I was quite taken aback about how simple he does things in a way (but gets great results). Also he doesn’t really program anything himself, he is very much a preset man. Still it works! Really does show that you don’t have to be the most technical person in the world to have success.

Yeah he uses FL.

It’s inspiring isn’t it to see someone work like that, loved it.

[quote]Ben Lloyd (30/09/2011)[hr]I watched the videos last night, quite inspiring. I was quite taken aback about how simple he does things in a way (but gets great results). Also he doesn’t really program anything himself, he is very much a preset man. Still it works! Really does show that you don’t have to be the most technical person in the world to have success.[/quote]

Are you the Ben Lloyd I think you are?

[quote]gavisthename (30/09/2011)[hr][quote]Ben Lloyd (30/09/2011)[hr]I watched the videos last night, quite inspiring. I was quite taken aback about how simple he does things in a way (but gets great results). Also he doesn’t really program anything himself, he is very much a preset man. Still it works! Really does show that you don’t have to be the most technical person in the world to have success.[/quote]

Are you the Ben Lloyd I think you are?[/quote]

Haha I don’t know Gav, I doubt it though. Who do you think I am? lol

[quote]Ben Lloyd (30/09/2011)[hr][quote]gavisthename (30/09/2011)[hr][quote]Ben Lloyd (30/09/2011)[hr]I watched the videos last night, quite inspiring. I was quite taken aback about how simple he does things in a way (but gets great results). Also he doesn’t really program anything himself, he is very much a preset man. Still it works! Really does show that you don’t have to be the most technical person in the world to have success.[/quote]

Haha I don’t know Gav, I doubt it though. Who do you think I am? lol[/quote]

You owe me a tenner if your from blackwood

[quote]gavisthename (30/09/2011)[hr][quote]Ben Lloyd (30/09/2011)[hr][quote]gavisthename (30/09/2011)[hr][quote]Ben Lloyd (30/09/2011)[hr]I watched the videos last night, quite inspiring. I was quite taken aback about how simple he does things in a way (but gets great results). Also he doesn’t really program anything himself, he is very much a preset man. Still it works! Really does show that you don’t have to be the most technical person in the world to have success.[/quote]

Haha I don’t know Gav, I doubt it though. Who do you think I am? lol[/quote]

You owe me a tenner if your from blackwood[/quote]

Well in that case I am defiantly not who you think I am :D. Seriously though whoever that is, it aint me. I am from South Wales though

Oh well … looks like I’ll have to say goodbye to my tenner after all! Still, nice to see a fellow south walian producing some funky beats … checked your tracks out. Good stuff! :slight_smile:

Isn’t there a famous artist (visual) who lives in South Wales

Thanks mate, loving your stuff too, you’ve got some rocking beats. You have a new follower. And by the way sorry about your tenner :frowning: lol

Ben you owe me a tenner too :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Roben (30/09/2011)[hr]Ben you owe me a tenner too :P[/quote]

Haha fat chance Roben I’m saving my pennies :slight_smile:

Does anyone know what loop pack he’s using? (seen at 16:37 of 1st video). Loop name looks like “MU02 LOOP__”. What is MU?

Thanks,

Wild guess… Mutekki Media Ultimate Beats Vol.2

Thanks ICN, will grab some of their packs. However, I don’t think thats it. Anyone else to discover, please be sure to share.

Have a look on Loopmasters & Sounds to Sample w/sites & look at al the companies who’s name begins with M. You might get something :slight_smile:

[quote]davesol (11/10/2011)[hr]Does anyone know what loop pack he’s using? (seen at 16:37 of 1st video). Loop name looks like “MU02 LOOP__”. What is MU?

Thanks,[/quote]

@davesol - I was thinking the same thing myself. be sure to post if you find out anything.

As for the video. I actually really enjoyed watching him work. He is a perfect example of how getting bogged down with technical stuff can limit your ability to make good music… the technical stuff has always been my biggest issue to overcome… He also is a perfect example of how musical talent alone doesnt make you the best. After watching the video, it’s pretty apparent that many of the top producers have taken him underneath their wing.

WOW impressive! So simple but his sounds are so big and rich. I’m really glad he says straight up “im not technical”. I’m the same way. In some circles, when you mention anything close to using samples or loops they start questioning your skills and authenticity of your works. Funny how he referred to Axwell saying “no professor **** here” when it came to side chaining. ha!

The speed at which he works is amazing. You can tell he can map a track in head effortlessly. He also has a very strong ear for catching notes and programming chords.

I’m also interested in that pack. Hope you guys find it. I saw the holy grail Vengeance Pack in there. lol

[quote]davesol (11/10/2011)[hr]Does anyone know what loop pack he’s using? (seen at 16:37 of 1st video). Loop name looks like “MU02 LOOP__”. What is MU?

Thanks,[/quote]

Thought I’d share that i found the loop pack, Indeed it was :Mutekki Media Ultimate Beats Vol 2.

Cheers