In your opinion

Who do you think are the leading techno producers for pure sonic quality? :slight_smile:

Me

[quote]slender (23/09/2011)[hr]Me[/quote]

well … um … this is awkward … anyone else? :smiley:

I don’t think the top guys worry about the sonics

Take jeff mills for instance

[quote]Mussi81 (23/09/2011)[hr]I don’t think the top guys worry about the sonics

Take jeff mills for instance[/quote]

I know what you mean, but I was hoping to find some awesome reference tracks which give me something to strive for in terms of matching their quality in mixes…

I suppose I could extend the question out to Tech House too.

[quote]gavisthename (23/09/2011)[hr][quote]Mussi81 (23/09/2011)[hr]I don’t think the top guys worry about the sonics

I know what you mean, but I was hoping to find some awesome reference tracks which give me something to strive for in terms of matching their quality in mixes…

I suppose I could extend the question out to Tech House too.[/quote]

Na keep it techno mate :stuck_out_tongue:

Mike humphries really knows how to nail his basslines! Tactical recon!

[quote]Mussi81 (23/09/2011)[hr][quote]gavisthename (23/09/2011)[hr][quote]Mussi81 (23/09/2011)[hr]I don’t think the top guys worry about the sonics

I suppose I could extend the question out to Tech House too.[/quote]

Na keep it techno mate :stuck_out_tongue:

Mike humphries really knows how to nail his basslines! Tactical recon![/quote]

And his stabs

All the UK & German guys who are still making techno since the 90’s & still have a career.

No Italians.

Tex Rex = i always use his tracks as a reference when mastering

Thanks for the heads up … I’ll be checking those guys out! And just for you Muss’ I’ll stick to Techno only! :wink:

[quote]gavisthename (23/09/2011)[hr]Thanks for the heads up … I’ll be checking those guys out! And just for you Muss’ I’ll stick to Techno only! ;)[/quote]

Being open to other genres of music creates a well rounded individual.  Me thinks that is why so many here are a little unbalanced…:laugh::hehe:

[quote]JayD3 (23/09/2011)[hr][quote]gavisthename (23/09/2011)[hr]Thanks for the heads up … I’ll be checking those guys out! And just for you Muss’ I’ll stick to Techno only! ;)[/quote]

Being open to other genres of music creates a well rounded individual. Me thinks that is why so many here are a little unbalanced…:laugh::hehe:[/quote]

I have been looking at other genres but don’t tell anyone … I’ve got a rep to think about! :cool:

[quote]gavisthename (23/09/2011)[hr][quote]JayD3 (23/09/2011)[hr][quote]gavisthename (23/09/2011)[hr]Thanks for the heads up … I’ll be checking those guys out! And just for you Muss’ I’ll stick to Techno only! ;)[/quote]

Being open to other genres of music creates a well rounded individual. Me thinks that is why so many here are a little unbalanced…:laugh::hehe:[/quote]

I have been looking at other genres but don’t tell anyone … I’ve got a rep to think about! :cool:[/quote]

Gav

They don’t call me Gav the Scav for nuthin! :smiley:

I dont think ive ever heard the words techno producer and pure sonic quality in the same sentance…

[quote]jjdejong0 (26/09/2011)[hr]I dont think ive ever heard the words techno producer and pure sonic quality in the same sentance…[/quote]

Yeah, I guess this was a tough request really. Techno is just rough by nature I suppose. Wanted to get a bunch of reference tracks together as something to aim for!

its funny really as im always looking to make my sound rougher than nicer tbh :hehe:

jan can keep his nice sonicness im going for raw :cool:

[quote]Mussi81 (26/09/2011)[hr]its funny really as im always looking to make my sound rougher than nicer tbh :hehe:

jan can keep his nice sonicness im going for raw :cool:[/quote]

LOL I was thinking the same - fck nice and clean :smiley:

Umek

[quote]daniaan (27/09/2011)[hr]Umek[/quote]

Yeah good call … I didn’t think of him … the answer was staring me in the face!! :smiley: