Installing Ana 1.5 and 2.0 together

Hi All,

Quick question; I’ve just purchased ANA 2.0 having used 1.5 previously; Is there any reason why I wouldn’t be able to use ANA 1.5 alongside ANA 2.0 on a windows 10 PC?

I’m switching to a new computer and would like to move a number of projects over from the old one that used the ANA 1.5 plugin along with various expansion bundles (that unfortunately no longer work with version 2.0)

I’m assuming it’s a simple case of installing both versions and pointing tracks to the relevant one?

Cheers.

Hey there @oldmicky

There’s no issues under Windows 10 and PC, ANA 1.5 and ANA 2 are 2 different plugins, you can have both of them running on Windows.

The only concern you might have is to be sure to use the correct installer depending of your OS & DAW specs and if you’re working in a 32bit or 64bit environment.

So in this regard, you can’t install both 32bit & 64bit version for the same plugin, that will cause issues. Now with latest ANA 2 v2.0.97, 32bit support is now over anyway, so if you’re on a 64bit OS & DAW then you simply have to make sure to use the 64bit installer for ANA 1.5 since you won’t have the choice for ANA 2 latest anyway.

Now since you’re planning the install on a new PC, I suppose it’s a 64bit OS and so will be the latest version of your DAW software, so just install ANA 2 v2.0.97 and make sure to run the 64bit installer for ANA 1.5 and you’ll be fine.

Also keep in mind the “devices” limit for authorization, you can authorize the plugins up to 4 machines, so depending on your previous installations you might need to revoke older devices, you can do this form your My Account/My Devices area once logged onto the site.

That’s the only bit that I can think about potential issues to run both plugins under Win 10, the real issue is for Mac users since ANA 1.5 won’t work above MacOS 10.14

Hope this helps :wink:

Cheers !

That’s great; thanks so much for the speedy reply and yes that definitely covers all the necessary details.

All that’s left is to mentally prepare myself for the coming days installing countless sample libraries :weary::hourglass_flowing_sand::wine_glass:

Cheers again.

1 Like

Well, if you’re just using the S.A presets packs, they all come with a built in installer ( you’ll probably spend more time opening the archives since they include both Mac & Win versions than running the installers :blush: ).

Make sure to copy your User Presets as well if you have any and if you’re running into any issues, there’s a handy support thread here in case you need to access the installation folders ( for example to copy your User Presets ) and in any case, feel free to ask if you need any help at some point :wink:

Thanks; no I meant the terabytes of Kontakt based sample libraries that I have as download only; based on past experience my internet connection will certainly be put through its paces over the next week :grin:

1 Like