iPad and TouchOSC

[quote]Mussi81 (18/12/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (18/12/2010)[hr][quote]raymondsar (17/12/2010)[hr]Actually, come to think of it. It’s not that far fetched to think in a year or so that you could run Ableton or Traktor exclusively on the iPad. Only needing some sort of soundcard adapter like the camera one, and a pair of RCA’s to go to the main mixer. Now THATS possibilities![/quote]

Unfortunately bro, I dont think it’ll happen. I dont think its capable of handling the power needed to run them.[/quote]

So the iPad is only capable of running apps not independent/full programs like a laptop?!?

Not having a dig at mac’s here but I thought the iPad would be rivalling laptops![/quote]

not really. its apples version of a netbook. its not meant for mainstream applications. however, it is perfectly capable of running stand alone plugins or midi controller programs to the fullest extent. you gotta remember, its just a 1ghz processor in there.

For now… Apple will move towards a more tablet solution. A bigger iPad maybe? Or iTablet or something of that effect. I think the iPad is merely a tester. Now that apple sees the demand for multi-touch with power ie the medical field, it’s inevitable.

If you think about it, 10 or so years ago my PC struggled with Rebirth and today

you can use it on your phone! I think that’s incredible!

I’m not saying that touch it’s good for anything, but for example, I use Touchable all the time in the studio as my ‘mixer window’. It feels really comfortable and intuitive.

And here is what Griid people came up with:

[quote]seanl (20/12/2010)[hr]but for example, I use Touchable all the time in the studio as my ‘mixer window’. [/quote]

Can you explain this? When its running, do you have access to the internet too (on your computer you are using)? Or do you have to set up a VPN or whatever to get the iPad and your computer communicating? I’m just curious about your setup there.

[quote]howiegroove (20/12/2010)[hr][quote]seanl (20/12/2010)[hr]but for example, I use Touchable all the time in the studio as my ‘mixer window’. [/quote]

Can you explain this? When its running, do you have access to the internet too (on your computer you are using)? Or do you have to set up a VPN or whatever to get the iPad and your computer communicating? I’m just curious about your setup there.[/quote]

Yes mate, when in the studio I’m running thru the router, because it’s pain in the neck to keep swapping networks.

I’ve set a static IP adress for my Mac, so I wouldn’t have to enter it in every time I want to use touchAble.

Works great, and I don’t notice much latency either.

touchAble multitask as well so you can use other apps and swap between them.

I’ve been experimenting with MIDI over WiFi too, got iMS-20 going with ableton, but I didn’t play much with it yet.

sounds like a pain in the a55

[quote]howiegroove (20/12/2010)[hr]sounds like a pain in the a55[/quote]

does it? it not supposed too, it’s about 3 minutes if you know what you doing

Baffles me the amount of people who have ipads who don’t even need or even use their ipad.

Kinda makes you wonder…

It’s like those people who have iphones but literally only phone and text???

WHAT IS THE POINT???

[quote]Roben (20/12/2010)[hr]Baffles me the amount of people who have ipads who don’t even need or even use their ipad.

Kinda makes you wonder…

It’s like those people who have iphones but literally only phone and text???

WHAT IS THE POINT???[/quote]

I use them both. My iPad is used mostly in front of the TV for internet usage and email (which was its largest intention). If you see my studio, I dont really need it for my studio use. But its fun to try sound sound design on the iMS20 on the couch every now and again.