Is ANA a necessity for the tutorials

Hi,br
br
I am about to sign up for some of these tutorials and I was wondering how crucial it is to have the ANA synth?br
br
Is it a must? My plugin library is way overloaded, and many times I rush and buy a synth because I hear one sound from it and then I never use it again…also I have found that in most cases I can create almost the same sounds with many different synths, if you see what I am saying. br
br
Cheers and Thanks for any help,br
Staf

Lots of earlier tutorials use Sylenth… so if you already have that you are cool… ANA was designed to be a less expensive alternative and the layout is quite similar.br
br
If you have a good knowledge of synth programing you should be able to transfer the tutorials to any snth.

I have it and love it. I also have Massive, Nexus and Sylength. The more the merrier man. If you can afford it, then why not?

once you sign up ANA is super reasonably priced. Well worth far more than it costs.br
br
-r

All I use is Anna Now. I have a moog slim phatty I don’t even turn on now. The sound design tutorials were awesome as well as the presets. When I saw preset 2 package released. I just bought it, with out listening. br
br
try not to think about the money. 3 or four years ago. I knew how to play guitar only, then I purchased a years subscription and was on beat port under DIM MAK records in three months. Point is these guys are legit and this site is a huge step for your career if you want it to be. I’m trying to get back on beatport, and where did I come too. These guys.br
br
By the way get the preset packages and a years subscription. It will lower the frustration of producing. Plus, you start to see how you can make one sound, and then sounds to go with it, as well as many other things. Do what ever you have to do. I made that seem really serious.

I agree w/ Phil re: Ana. That’s why I’m intensely studying the ANA programming tuts. On the other hand after watching the Peak Time Trance tut, I’m thinking Sylenth might be a practical purchase. I’m sure all those sounds could be duplicated in ANA, but how much time would that take? So much of the sound of the PTT track is the interaction between multiple Sylenths. Not sure if I could recreate it in ANA or how much time it would take.br
br
Also, as much as ANA is a fantastic sounding synth, especially for the $$$, Sylenth has established itself as the “trance” sound. br
br
Finally, as to your question specifically, most of the Sonic Academy “how to make” tutorials were made before ANA. That will of course be changing. So to follow along exactly, you would need Sylenth as well as ANA. br
br
That’s my plan!