Is Hard Techno Dead?

I was just wondering what happened to this Gen ere of Techno .I did loved this Music so much that back from 2000 to 2005 I was only Djing hard techno at 135 bpm in many clubs . wich was lots of fun . I noticed that most of the Techno Artist like Adam Bayer , Marco Carola , Ben Sims, Jooris Voorn,ETC. they started to make more Housey techno since 2007 or sometime around that time.

Last Night this Dj played Super Hard Techno ( after my gay Housey set :P).and he pretty much cleared the dance Floor right aways . this is the 4 time i see old techno Djs do this in the Clubs.

I kind of felt that is like they where playing cheese trance from the 90s . but ohh well time changed and i feel that kind of Techno is not as good as it used to be. all those Dj tracks sounded Old and boring compared to nowadays Techno.

maybe is me but whats your thoughts about Techno ?

The problem for me with that kind of techno, and the reason I never used to listen to it, is that it feels like someone’s shouting in your face and it goes on and on and on and on and eventually… you switch off. You stop listening.

People keep telling me that music should be a journey, you should go somewhere with it, be taken somewhere by it, feel lifted, dropped, moved, all those things.

Old school hard style techno feels like someone is screaming at me. I shut off.

Its like all things - There are stand out tracks.

A mate of mine DJ’d with some of my records from that time, around a year ago. All those Guys you mentioned - including all that swedish Tech & Ben Sims & loads of sh!t I cant rememeber.

Sounded great. Although, tbh… they wernt as relentless as that DJ Rush track. They were a little more intelligent.

It was funny, I was like - oh no… its gonna be bad - but it was really good. Everyone enjoyed it. Didnt sound too dated - but I think it was cos they were good tunes with good production.

@Jon - Never liked the really nuts stuff either, if I’m truthful.

I think there is a re-emerging scene for Hard Techno/Dance. It’s kinda gone full circle and attracting a new audience.

After the Hard house peak in the early 2000s it lost a lot of favour (hard styles in general) but now seems to be picking up again. From what I have seen it’s going back to raves rather than clubs, and is a scene in its own right, so independent.

I love the stuff to be honest, the more in yer face the better, but can totally see why not everyone might share that view!!

ohh I forgot to mention that the video I posted is one of the tracks that Dj last night was rocking it out .

:smiley:

there are still a lot of people making 135+ techno, not as mad as that particular track but definitely different from the more minimal and tech house stuff thats around.

personally i think what a lot of people would class as tech house and sometimes as minimal is a modern evolution of what was techno , a lot of people these days seem to have a very narrow view (ie old fashioned) view of what is and isnt “techno”

in my day there was house and techno and and most stuff was a mixture of that

too many made up genres these days i reckon

[quote]chekka (22/10/2010)[hr]there are still a lot of people making 135+ techno, not as mad as that particular track but definitely different from the more minimal and tech house stuff thats around.

personally i think what a lot of people would class as tech house and sometimes as minimal is a modern evolution of what was techno , a lot of people these days seem to have a very narrow view (ie old fashioned) view of what is and isnt “techno”

in my day there was house and techno and and most stuff was a mixture of that

too many made up genres these days i reckon[/quote]

I totally agree on that. yeahh there is House and Techno . Electro is part of House, Minimal is part of Techno and so on.

but yeahh that 135 Bpm techno is not as popular as it used to be .

Progression my friend.

[quote]howiegroove (22/10/2010)[hr]Progression my friend.[/quote]

yeahh forgot Progressive :).

Harder techno is alive and kicking! Just different guys playing it at the mo. There is some quality stuff coming out of holland right now with the likes of, bas mooy, virgil enzinger, industrializer, a. Paul etc pushing the sound. Dave Clarke lives out there and is on the band wagon as well.

Also people like exium, Samuel l session, submerge 101 are banging it out pretty hard. The good thing is it’s underground again.

Don’t get me wrong thing are 5-10 bpm slower but that is a good thing. The bpm needed reigning in a bit

[quote]alinenunez (22/10/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (22/10/2010)[hr]Progression my friend.[/quote]

yeahh forgot Progressive :).[/quote]

har har har :smiley:

Some off the producers I have mention above are actually in the htsl techno thread! But Nobody noticed lol

I stil make it (or try to)

Original house DJs - Rob Mitshi by Rob Mitshi