Is Lightscribe worth it for professionally labeling my cd's/demos?

Hey, well I need to buy another dvd drive anyway and I was thinking that maybe I should get lightscribe since it can easily label my cd’s and such. I know it doesn’t do color but all I really want is for the cd to say like “Decebal - Digital Sky” on it and such. Do you guys think its worth the extra money for the drive and the special cd’s?

Thanks for your time.

Meh. Which labels are you sending it to? Since a lot of them are accepting digital demos now anyway, maybe not. Plus, if it’s just to write the name, I would say no. The thing that makes the difference is the artistic integrity. I don’t think it makes a difference if the text is handwritten or computer-done, I think people just might like a neat design or something. Just my two cents.

Plus, I had a lightscribe before and it bugged the f*ck out of me… Harder than you think to freaking operate.

Lightscribe works fine, but it doen’t really do it for me. I tried it out when I first got it and then never used it again.

I use a printer that has a special CD draw and printable CDs (Sony ones).  Canon printer have the CD draw and they start quite cheap.

I just want it for when I make cd’s and want to label them, as in mixes or tracks, albums, etc… so it stays nice looking and organized, i heard that printers are expensive, have expensive cds, and the ink isn’t dry for a long time, idk if thats true, if not could you recommend me one? also do they also print paper since i also need one of those haha

I don’t know what you think is expensive. To find the prices out, just search amazon for cd printing printers and sony printable cds.

I have a Canon and I have had no problems with drying times.

You can get the printers from £28 up. The more you spend, the better they are.

I have an epsom too pretty cheap I think I bought it for 50 quid and third party ink - much cheaper alternative

[quote]slender (30/06/2011)[hr] and third party ink - much cheaper alternative[/quote]

-1 (I’ve seen too many printers trashed by 3rd party ink)

[quote]TheAnt (30/06/2011)[hr][quote]slender (30/06/2011)[hr] and third party ink - much cheaper alternative[/quote]

-1 (I’ve seen too many printers trashedby 3rd party ink)[/quote]

Maybe so - but had my printer for a couple of years and had no problems - though I generally only print documents

alright i’ll give it a try then, thanks guys. might buy a canon or epsom

[quote]Decebal (30/06/2011)[hr]alright i’ll give it a try then, thanks guys. might buy a canon or epsom[/quote]

Well if you thinking about a cannon I would hold on as I think Tripoli may have a few to sale in a few months

sorry bad joke :smiley: