Is the workflow in the tutorials accurate to original production?

In other terms…is the order you show everything in the “How To Make” tutorials the same order and workflow you followed when originally making the track?br
br
Only reason I’m asking is because I am more interested in learning the workflow of how other people create certain genres rather than being shown how to build a certain track by following instructions. Which is what a lot of tutorials are, just how to re create a certain track. br
br
So, are the tutorials done how you would if you didnt know where you were going with it? In other words, would I be taking the right approach in following the same order of workflow but creating my own melodic content, chords, etc… Or when you make a track do you build it a different way then use the tutorial as a version of how to show a way to build that track from scratch. br
br
Boths are forms of learning but id prefer the former since i think its more productive.br
br
Either way great stuff on here.

The Fast track builds are what you are looking for. They have very little pre planning and are exactly how i go about building a track.br
br
Some of the How to makes also follow this idea… I think dutch house was one. Most tho as you say are really about showing the individual techniques in a logical and easy to follow way not necessarily how you would do it if you where starting your own idea from scratch.

Thanks.br
br
If you can remember back this far, do you remember the general order or workflow you did things in the Peak Time Trance tutorial?br
br
That one is hands down what I am interesting in learning. So I’m curious about the workflow there. All my training is songwriting where you get the chords/melody first, etc etc… I havent seen a lot of workflow or creative paths for creating longer trance… Just basic arrangement pop where you leave everything dry until the end then spice it up in the mix.br
br
But I’m assuming with trance and stuff you kind of need to mix as you go since automation and effects are really the backbone behind it all. I feel like if i tried recreating the peak time trance song as an acoustic version first like I would originally try to make a track it wouldnt quite work out how it should.

You should really check the trance 2.0 Fast track build. It’s so much more up to date in terms of sound design and workflow etc.