It's 2015, how about updating some tutorials?

Hi, well just as the title says, watching tutorials from 7 years ago… doesn’t exactly make me think that I’m getting everything it’s worth. I’m using Ableton 9 Suite with Push, but there’s still tutorials made with Live 7. I’m sure it’s a lot of work making these tutorials, but in some of them, your instructors have said you can make a track within a couple of hours… well how about doing that again with updated software, instruments and musical references. Music is constantly changing, evolving into something new, but Sonic Academy seems to not want too? You’ve got some of the best producers in the world here… who I’m sure comparing 7 years ago could make a track in half the time now, with even more tips.br
br
I don’t think it’s too much to ask, but if you want me to keep my subscription going, it’s something you should really consider. That being said, I’ve learnt a lot, but I’m still going elsewhere for help on how to stay relevant.

[quote]johnymac2015 (16/01/2015)[hr]Hi, well just as the title says, watching tutorials from 7 years ago… doesn’t exactly make me think that I’m getting everything it’s worth. I’m using Ableton 9 Suite with Push, but there’s still tutorials made with Live 7. I’m sure it’s a lot of work making these tutorials, but in some of them, your instructors have said you can make a track within a couple of hours… well how about doing that again with updated software, instruments and musical references. Music is constantly changing, evolving into something new, but Sonic Academy seems to not want too? You’ve got some of the best producers in the world here… who I’m sure comparing 7 years ago could make a track in half the time now, with even more tips.br
br
I don’t think it’s too much to ask, but if you want me to keep my subscription going, it’s something you should really consider. That being said, I’ve learnt a lot, but I’m still going elsewhere for help on how to stay relevant.[/quote]br
br
Hi Johny,br
br
thanks for the feedback - as you say music is changing and evolving with the times - but rather than go back 7 years and update and re record an old course in a genre that could be deemed by some as no longer relevant, we take the approach of constantly delivering courses in the newest and most relevant styles. br
br
that being said - all of the techniques from ableton live 7 still apply today in ableton live 9 - there is very little that we would teach differently in these courses.br
br