Jam & Spoon "Stella" chords

I started to ‘update’ this song just because I love it, but found it very messy sounding so I am just starting over and not using and parts of the original. The part I am stuck on is within the first 12 seconds of this youtube sample. It is just the 2 bar loop…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVlbQVilwbQ

I think it is g# minor but I don’t know what is going on. Is it just a chord being played rhymically? Or is it that with another straight chord being played with it? I can’t even seem to get close so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks =)

Normally only do this for Subscribers but i have a real soft spot for this track.

I also created a preset for ANA which will be in the next update.

Awesome thanks much! I will check out the prices for subscriptions then. =)

Ya the tune is one of the first that got me into this music way back when…and it’s summer and it makes me happy so I am trying to remake it for fun =)

Thanks so much for the midi and I will be buying ANA when the update comes out.

I guess I was confused because I thought it was in G# minor and there is no F# in that scale…but if you just play a B major chord there is… =/

T

I am old enough to remember dancing to this at huge raves. listened to it over and over on an old cassette in my car. The chord sound on this track is so special and I use to always wonder how to make it.

I am that old too =)

When I remember those days it almost makes me want to cry. It was so magical what we had back then. To me it resembled what some call “heaven”…

My remake is almost done so I will post a link or something for all you Jam & Spoon lovers. I doubt it can match the feel of the original but…nonetheless I’ll post a link asap.

:slight_smile:

Thanks look forward to hearing it. Wonderful stuff. 92 was great for raves and the scene. But loving the new sounds too, great to see it all evolve musically. Illegal underground warehouse raves were amazing though. All things must change but yes very special indeed and glad you shared these times too.

[quote]SimplePleasures (25/03/2012)[hr]Awesome thanks much! I will check out the prices for subscriptions then. =)

Ya the tune is one of the first that got me into this music way back when…and it’s summer and it makes me happy so I am trying to remake it for fun =)

Thanks so much for the midi and I will be buying ANA when the update comes out.

I guess I was confused because I thought it was in G# minor and there is no F# in that scale…but if you just play a B major chord there is… =/

T[/quote]

I did this for you for a few minutes;)

1-lead, 1-pad, 1-sub pad.

I am sure that this is G#minor.

The project in ableton, no samples, only the built-in synthesizers.

Sincerely, Alexander

I would also add a screenshot of the chords)

ps. phil johnston, I also noticed one little mistake in your notes.

Regards, Alexander

wow awesome gomo. !! thanks for taking the time! :slight_smile:

gomo what do you think about the “lead” that is 4 bars long? It almost sounds like a real percussive type of instrument…any ideas where to start creating that?

My “remake” is almost done…Tomorrow I will put it for free on FB since it was just done for fun…Here is a sample …please tell me what you think fellow J&S lovers…

http://soundcloud.com/travismacdonald/jam-spoon-stella-travis