Janis Joplin - Move Over (Northern Contengent Remix)

Hi everyone,

Just finished a remix of Janis Joplin’s track “Move Over”. It seemed to take me an age to finish.

As always, any comments from people kind enough to listen are gratefully received!

:)

Really liked the drums in this track, just nice and subtle not overdone.

Enjoyed this remix a lot, like the dubstep at the beggining and when you went full swing into the wobbles and what not at the 3:00 area it didnt feel like that garbage Yoi Yoi dubstep which is nice.

Cheers MistroPain - much appreciated! It took me forever to get the last bit - sampling and resampling, cutting and automating like mad. The tricky thing is trying to get it going off without sounding like **** - I’m not sure I’m there completely yet but I’m feeling bit more confident now about my stuff than I was a year ago.

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment - means a lot. :slight_smile:

OOOOHHHH!!

Man, this is one great track.

Awesome job :slight_smile:

Wow - thanks! I really appreciate your comments - they are really very kind. :slight_smile:

I’ve entered it for a remix competition over on Indaba music but I’m not sure how it all works. Someone over there has asked how they can vote for my track but I’ve no idea how to do it. I didn’t even realise people had to vote. Has anyone else done anything like this before? How does it work?

Hi again everyone,

Thanks very much for all your encouraging comments. If you like my remix, please vote for it through the link below.

[url=http://www.indabamusic.com/opportunities/janis-joplin-the-pearl-sessions-remix-contest/submissions/97717]Superitc Slot Bola Gacor - Daftar Link QQSlot | realms-beyond.com

Cheers!

I’ve had some wonderful support for the track already - thank you!

If you like the track please help me out and vote for the track if you haven’t done so already - all the help it gets is gratefully received!

Superitc Slot Bola Gacor - Daftar Link QQSlot | realms-beyond.com

Cheers. :slight_smile:

that was fooking awesome dude loved it, well done :slight_smile:

Cheers ekko - much appreciated! Any ideas for different ways I can promote it? This is the 1st remix comp I’ve entered that depends on votes, so any advice would be great. And please support by voting below of course!

[url=http://www.indabamusic.com/opportunities/janis-joplin-the-pearl-sessions-remix-contest/submissions/97717]Superitc Slot Bola Gacor - Daftar Link QQSlot | realms-beyond.com

Thanks for listening! :slight_smile:

not really sure the best way to promote but i voted anyways :slight_smile: i think maybe just post on any other messageboards you go to…

Really like this track dude!!! I dont know that much about the production techniques you’ve used at the moment, but from what I know of, it must have taken you ages to do some of it! :cool:

Very good track mate and I love the way that you’re panning the sounds left and right all the time but not so much that its in your face and noticable.

Cheers mate - thanks! And thanks for voting ekko - it means a lot! I’m posting here and a few other sites where I’m getting really positive feedback as well. A while back I was having a real low creatively so this has been a real confidence booster.

In regards production it did take an age to do (especially the end part) as it involved a ton of sample chopping and mangling, then running through effects, resampling and doing it all again. I’m pretty happy with it though and it taught me a lot.

As always, please vote if you like the track to support it - every vote makes a huge difference.

Voted for ya and I hope you do well in the comp. If you dont win at least it should earn you some recognition cause you have some fantastic stuff going!

Voted! Good luck mate :wink:

Cheers en1gma - much appreciated! You put me up to 43rd which is my highest point so far.:blush: Still - I suppose out of 271 isn’t so bad for a 1st effort. Keep those votes coming people!

Ha! I am discovering the bitter truth about remix competitions that depend on votes to decide who wins. Essentially, I don’t have a Facebook or Twitter account so will need to start one which means I’ve not got a chance of winning!

Nevermind. As always, please vote through the link below for the track if you like it -

I’m glad to know to know that the votes I HAVE got have been because people actually liked the the track! :slight_smile:

Really like the deep parts of this mix. Am not so into dubstep at all, but it all sounds prettu solid to me.

Thanks Daniaan - I really appreciate it. I’m actually not a big dubstep fan myself truth be told. I’m more into ambient and ‘classic’ electronica, but when I write my stuff morphs into this more aggressive stuff. I think you can hear on this that I started out trying to make a more chilled mix which then changes slowly through the track. I think its my teenage metal years creeping through - big sounds and all that.

If you like it enough I’d really appreciate your vote on the link below!

And thanks again for taking the time to listen and comment.

Hi everyone - just checking in again to ask for you to vote below for the remix I did of Janis Joplin’s ‘Move Over.’ I tried to change the original quite radically, so let me know what you think.

Thanks everyone who has already listened, voted and left great feedback. :slight_smile:

Got my vote pal

Awesome remix with some very cool sounds.

Well done you should be proud of that