Jerome Isma-Ae - Tiger Remix Competition with Jee Productions / 56

Jerome Isma-Ae - Tiger Remix Competition with Jee Productions

View Remix Competition

Taking our courses to the next level, here on Sonic you can now watch the track being made, download both the project and stems and then submit your own remix with the chance to win some great prizes.

The How To Make Tiger Remix Contest is exclusive, here on Sonic Academy and you could be in with a chance of winning some cool prizes and ultimately getting a release on Jee Productions - a progressive house label founded by Jerome Isma-Ae, releasing cutting edge music and being considered one of top Progressive House labels by Beatport.

After the success of our previous remix competitions, we know we have one of the best music-making communities anywhere, and the level of production skillz coming through the forums is truly amazing.
So, ourselves, Jerome Isma-Ae and Alastor are super excited to see what you guys can come up with - we know you can smash it. You can now download the stems from this awesome tune and start working your magic!
We have shown you how to make the tune, now it’s over to you to get creative, make a dope remix of this track and show the world your production talent.

Go get started! We can’t wait to hear your submissions.

So what’s a contest without a prize eh? Well if your remix of his track ‘Tiger’ is chosen by Jerome, you can win a release on Jee Productions!*

But that’s not all, you will also win a massive £150 Sonic Sounds store voucher to spend on our award winning plugins and any preset or samples packs on the store. We will also have two amazing runner up prizes.
If you’ve created the second best remix, you’ll win a £50 Sonic Sounds store voucher.
The third place wins a £25 Sonic Sounds store voucher.

Related Course
Remember to check out the course - How To Make Tiger with Jerome Isma-Ae - for the full lowdown!

This competition is open to all Sonic Academy registered users so spread the word and, join in!

can we have Midi files instead to allow more creativity?

Hey there @tulitboon

As explained in the tutorial videos at the beginning, some parts are not available anymore to Jerome & Alastor, therefore it was only possible to deliver audio files unfortunately, you’ll have to try to recreate the midi. Check back the comments on the tutorial page, some user already did that for one file. How To Make - Progressive House - Tiger with Jerome Isma-Ae / 941 - #11 by RichWhitfield

Vote for Ege Yanik

Vote for Jerome Isma-Ae … What a wonderful track Jerome… <3 i wish you a lot of luck \m/

It says “Submissions close 7am, 11 Apr 2020” - is that in my local timezone, or a specific timezone?

Hey there @rcto

It’s 07:00 am UTC time, and if you just Google that you’ll find plenty of conversion links like Timebie.com to show your local time equivalent.

Ah awesome thank you. Are we allowed to include royalty free samples, like from Splice?

Hey @rcto Yes you are allowed to use samples from splice.

1 Like

Hello! I really enjoyed doing a remix! I am very happy that he is so well received! I wish everyone happy Easter and stay healthy! Marcus

1 Like

jonathan reyes :black_heart:

Phew! Made it just in time :slight_smile:
Love the original track, was so fun to work on.

1 Like

I missed the deadline! Great… I just read the comments and saw it was 07:00 am UTC

Thank you very much for allowing me to see the work of JEROME, I really enjoyed the tutorial, it would be great to see how REFLECTION was made in the future … it is great to see how many remixes can be made with a few sounds, I hope you can hear my remix @EdduarCross and enjoy it , can you help me with your point of view, tell me in the areas where I could improve I would be very grateful … good luck to all of you

Sorry about this, unfortunately, that happens very often. I think that with those Remix Comps, the best way to do is to write down the submission date limit right from the start and use reminders in electronic calendar & such tools, but set the date at least one day before the limit, that way you’re covered. Might be one to think about for the next one.

Also keep in mind that while missing the submission deadline can be frustrating but at least you did work on that remix, so it’s never a waste of time IMO :wink:

I would like to say thank You to every one involved! Jerome, Alastor and the guys at Sonic Academy! I really enjoyed remixing this track! My idea was to give it a vibe similar to Tangerine Dream’s “Love on a Real Train”. Thats what the original mix reminds me of. Thanks to all of the other remixers. The competition was really awesome with almost sixty submissions!! Congratulations to all! We all learn something new every time we do this! Good Luck and may the best man win! Cheers! Rob - “Some College”

1 Like

HI I am writing this on 11th April. How come the deadline has passed but the date hasn’t

There’s a TIME limit as well in addition to the last day for submitting, in this case it was 07:00 UTC time on 11th of April 2020, meaning that the submission closed this morning. Again, it’s a very good habit to write down the date ( & time ! ) right from the start ( when reading the Remix Comp description ) and to set up alarms & reminders with a day ahead as a safety net. That would likely avoid any bad timing surprises.

Hoping we get to remix another Jerome track!

I went with a bit of a re-flavouring on my ‘Eastern Tiger Edit’ with sounds of the Middle / Far East - most prominently a Duduk adding a new theme over the top, complemented by a xylophone-like sound arpeggiating away.

As Some College mentions - this was a really great learning experience, and certainly looking forward to more.

Hi, when will the competition results be announced ?