Kick 2 drop down menus won´t open

Just got a copy of Kick 2, but the drop down menus won´t stay open. When I click, they flicker once and close, and that´s it, I can´t use them. I can click the arrows to change parameters, but not the menus.
Already reinstalled, moved dll to other folder, re-activated my license, all I could find in the forum.

Appreciate the help

Cheers,

Hi there @Arydium

Assuming you’re on Windows since you’re mentioning .dll files.

Try this first,

Start your DAW → Launch Kick 2 → Reveal the Option Pull Down Menu & select the Init Preset

If that doesn’t change anything, then try this ( with the DAW Closed ) :

go to C:/Users/Your_User_name/AppData/Roaming/Sonic Academy/Kick 2 and delete the Kick 2.settings then open your DAW and launch a new instance of Kick 2.

The AppData folder might be hidden by default, you’ll have to reveal hidden files, here’s the way to do it for Win10, google “reveal AppData folder on Windows” it if you’re need guidance for another version.

Go to Explorer.
Open the C: drive.
Click View on the menu bar.
Click the Options icon. … Select the View tab.
Under Files and Folders > Hidden files and folders, select the option to Show hidden files, folders and drives.
Click OK.

If that also doesn’t work , I suggest you to follow the guide for a manual uninstall, reboot your PC, download a fresh version of Kick 2 from your user account to avoid any corrupted archive. Also try to use a reliable archive manager like Winrar.

Then perform a new install and make sure you’re only running the correct installer matching your system 64bit or 32bit but not both.

If you’re still having issues after this, it will be handy to specify your Windows version as well as the DAW you’re suing + version.

:joy: ok I have to tell the truth, I had the wrong version installed… don´t blame me I´m an ignorant :sweat_smile:
when I used the correct installer it wouldn´t let me type my credentials, so I had to copy pasta, but it worked

Thanks for the help,
Cheers

1 Like

No worries, this happens all the time :smile:

Glad to see that you sorted this out & got it to work :wink:

Cheers

1 Like