Kick 2 with Mac OS X 10.15 Catalina?

Hi !
Just bought Kick 2 plugin but seems to don’t work with Mac OS X 10.15 Catalina…
Do you have any idea about when the kick 2 upgrade will come please ?

Hi there @freemania

Not able to test on my end since I’m not running MacOS Catalina here but I’ve heard from S.A team that Kick 2 was working with Catalina, ther’s only an issue with the older version of ANA. ANA 2 & KICK 2 should work as far as I know.

Could you please be more specific about the issue you’re having and which DAW you’re using ? Is it a problem with install, KICK 2 not showing inside your DAW, DAW crash, Kick 2 not working as expected… ?

It would help to get more details and DAW & version is very important, thank you :wink:

It works fine here without problems.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback @DJEmergency :wink:

@freemania Did you get it to work ? If you’re still having issues, update the topic with a description of the problem as well as your DAW + which version, thanks.

I didn’t do anything, but installed it.

It works for me in Logic Pro X on my Mac with Cortana

1 Like

“Kick 2 V1.1.4.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software."
and
“ANA 2.0.94.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software

Which means they are not signed for use in catalina. It’s sad.

Hey there @beeeeeee

ANA 2 & KICK 2 have been reported to work fine under MacOS Catalina.

Simply right click when you’ve got this message and choose “open” to ignore the warning & you’ll be able to install your plugins.

EDIT : You’ll find more info about this in the last topic How to open an app that hasn’t been notarized or is from an unidentified developer from this Apple Support page Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support

Hi, i am new to this but i have ableton 10 suite. i have downloaded kick 2 and it wont load up into ableton for some reason. any help would be appreciated?

thanks

Hey there @zukey

Assuming your running MacOS 10.15 Catalina since you posted in this topic.

If you’ve been able to install Kick 2 on Catalina ( see previous post about bypassing any warning messages during installation ) then it should work. What’s happening inside Live ? Does KICK 2 appears in your Plugins list and you can’t load it on a Midi track or is it just missing in the available Plugins list ? Have you tried to re-scan your Plugins from Live’s Preferences ?

If the plugin isn’t showing in the list inside Live, then something might be wrong with installation or the plugin might have got blacklisted at some point. Check your plugins folder on your Mac and check if you can locate the Kick 2 Pluign files.

• For the AU plugin default path is
    Your_MacOS_HDD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Kick 2.component

• For the VST plugin default path is
    Your_MacOS_HDD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Kick 2.vst

If you see those files in there but Kick 2 isn’t showing in Live’s Plugins list, then move both Kick 2.component & Kick 2.vst to your desktop → Start Live → Re-Scan Plugins → Close Live

Then move back “Kick 2.component” & “Kick 2.vst” to their previous folders → Start Live → Re-Scan Plugins → Check if Kick 2 appears in the Plugins List.

If that doesn’t work and if you need to uninstall/reinstall Kick 2, check the KICK section from the support page here : https://support.sonicacademy.com/hc/en-us

Something to check as well, are you up to date with DAW & Plugin version ?
For ref. latest version for Live is 10.1.14 and Kick 2 Plugin is 1.1.4 .