KICK V1.1 Beta Out Now

V1.1b of KICK has now been released and can be downloaded from your Account areabr

Change log

Today all KICK users can update their versions to the latest 1.1 BETA which includes many bug fixes and a few new requested features to boot.

- New Click Category System
Users can now organise their click section into categories - which helps when you have a large number of clicks in your collection.

- AAX Support
We introduced this in a closed BETA and has now made its way into the final releasebr

- Better File Support
We’ve eliminated bugs to do with file location of click samples, as well as some file types being ignored by KICK

To download and install the BETA head over to your Account area - then go to Downloads Synths.

*We recommend you create a backup of any custom presets or user clicks.

Like the new Click file system. br
br
However the Vandalism Future House Presets no longer seem to work - get this message.br
br
Kick can’t find the factory click file referenced by the preset you are trying to load. Please update your factory click folder.br
br
Not sure of the best way to fix this, any ideas?

[quote]Mandolizer (14/04/2015)[hr]Like the new Click file system. br
br
However the Vandalism Future House Presets no longer seem to work - get this message.br
br
Kick can’t find the factory click file referenced by the preset you are trying to load. Please update your factory click folder.br
br
Not sure of the best way to fix this, any ideas?[/quote]br
br
If Vandalism have included Click samples - you will need to place these into a click category folder / or into your user folder - i will see if i can grab a copy of the pack to see

They did include the click samples. br
br
The Vandalism pack comes with three folders: Clicks, Presets, and Wavbr
br
The clicks are aiff format, and the Wav directory is the preset recorded as a wav file, which is weird.br
br
Anyway, Mandolizer, if you copy the clicks that came with the Vandalism pack into your Backup Clicks directory, nearly all of the presets will work again.br
br
In Windows 7, it’s in ProgramData Sonic Academy Kick - Nicky Romero Clicks Factorybr
br
On Mac OS X 10.10 it’s in in Library Application Support Sonic Academy Kick - Nicky Romero Clicks Factorybr
br
Just copy the clicks from the vandalism future house Clicks directory into your Backup Clicks directory. If you don’t have a Backup Clicks directory, you can create one, and then dump the vandalism clicks in there.br
br
Also this is probably not the best/permanent solution, but it works as a temporary measure. I’d imagine they would need to update their presets since Kick will now handle click categories, which is awesome.

Hi -br
br
I use Pro Tools 11.3.1 on Mac OS 10.8.5. I was very excited to see kick 1.1 beta has aax support. I have been using Kick 1.01 and 1.02 through BlueCat for a while and hoping an aax version would eventually come along.br
br
I downloaded the Kick - Nicky Romero Edition V1.1b.pkg and ran the installer. Then I ran the license installer included in the package and chose the Kick.license file I had initially downloaded back when I purchased the product a few months ago.br
br
When I open Pro Tools, I get this message:br
br
"The following Plug-Ins failed to load because they are not valid 64 bit AAX plugins:br
br
Kick - Nicky Romero.aaxplugin"br
br
So I Checked the folder where all the other 64 bit aax plug-ins are at (it’s the default path for the plug-ins folder, I did not make my own custom path or anything like that) and sure enough it’s in there with the rest of them like it should be.br
br
But it doesn’t show up in the program when I try to bring it up on a track. I tried listing plug ins by manufacturer, by type, and also as a flat list, but it just doesn’t show up as an option (surely this is because of the error message I receive when opening Pro Tools).br
br
Does anyone know how to fix this? Is anyone out there running the aax version on Pro Tools 11 successfully? br
br
Thanks!br
br
br

[quote]ericewalton (22/04/2015)[hr]Hi -br
br
I use Pro Tools 11.3.1 on Mac OS 10.8.5. I was very excited to see kick 1.1 beta has aax support. I have been using Kick 1.01 and 1.02 through BlueCat for a while and hoping an aax version would eventually come along.br
br
I downloaded the Kick - Nicky Romero Edition V1.1b.pkg and ran the installer. Then I ran the license installer included in the package and chose the Kick.license file I had initially downloaded back when I purchased the product a few months ago.br
br
When I open Pro Tools, I get this message:br
br
"The following Plug-Ins failed to load because they are not valid 64 bit AAX plugins:br
br
Kick - Nicky Romero.aaxplugin"br
br
So I Checked the folder where all the other 64 bit aax plug-ins are at (it’s the default path for the plug-ins folder, I did not make my own custom path or anything like that) and sure enough it’s in there with the rest of them like it should be.br
br
But it doesn’t show up in the program when I try to bring it up on a track. I tried listing plug ins by manufacturer, by type, and also as a flat list, but it just doesn’t show up as an option (surely this is because of the error message I receive when opening Pro Tools).br
br
Does anyone know how to fix this? Is anyone out there running the aax version on Pro Tools 11 successfully? br
br
Thanks!br
br
br
[/quote]br
br
Hi - br
br
there is a new version that resolved this - V1.11 which is available for download from your account :slight_smile:

new updates ?br
br
hey guys br
br
i see on youtube the tutorial how to use the kick plugin .br
so there is a useful EQ knob, but without any information of numbers where you are exactly.br
what is the thought behind this ?br
maybe you don’t want musicians to know the herz that they like to experiment with ?br
lets say you have a setting , and then want to try something else and tweak back where you had it , now that is impossible because there are no numbers while tweaking. br
every synth on earth shows you where you are and what you do , however except for you ?br
it does not make it more user friendly how i see it ,br
but that is just my opinion .br
maybe you forgot it while creating the plugin , but how about take a chance on a next update?br
would make this plugin a lot better . keep sharp !br
br

Hey thanks so much, just loaded it up in Pro Tools, nice!

Can you change the main sound source from a sine wave to noise or saw etc? Then it would be great for designing snares, hats, or anything really!

Not yet, but watch this space! :wink:

Sweeet!

Sweeet!

Just updated to 1.12beta because 1.0.2 was crashing my Cubase 8 Pro all the time and I also have that problem with the beta. Any ideas?

[quote]stephanhinz (27/10/2015)[hr]Just updated to 1.12beta because 1.0.2 was crashing my Cubase 8 Pro all the time and I also have that problem with the beta. Any ideas?[/quote]br
br
You can run a fresh install by deletingbr
br
Macbr
HD Library Application Support Sonic Academy Kick - Nicky Romerobr
br
PC br
C ProgramData Sonic Academy Kick - Nicky Romerobr
br
remove the VST / AU from your system also, then reinstall V1.12Bbr
*make sure you backup any Clicks / Presets you have created prior to reinstalling.br
br
If you continue to have issues drop me a mail at customerservice@sonicacademy.combr
br

Why can i not fond the download link in my account? HELP PLEASE!!!br
br
Found it…lol!