Kick2 after VST3 update VST2 Plugin no longer show in Pluginlist

Hi all

Maybe one of you have detected this also, since VST3 compatibility is out the VST2 plugin is no longer listed in the pluginlist, as soon i delete the VST3 DLL file from the folder the plugin is back in the list. So it is not possible to use both. The issue this create is that older Arranges do not work because no VST2 plug avilable.

I work with Presonus Studio one 5, Ableton looks like works with both!

Anyone also have this issue?

Thank you and regards!

Hi there and welcome to the forums ! :wink:

So this is actually a Presonus Studio One thing and the way the DAW is handling a feature to favorite VST3 over VST2 when available. The developers take advantage of this feature and when the DAW can use this code flag, then if a VST2 instance of the plugin is detected it will be automatically replaced with the VST3 if both plugins are installed on your system, but you will only see the VST3 plugin in your DAW plugins list.

If the VST2 is not getting replaced with the VST3 when reopening older projects, then the workaround is to move/remove the VST3 plugin from it’s install location.

The default installation path for both VST 2 and VST 3 ( unless you use custom folder to place your plugins ) is as follow :

VST2C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\

VST 3C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\

Some other DAWs ( i.e : Bitwig Studio ) have an option to enable/disable this feature, but doesn’t seem to be the case with Presonus Studio One.

Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 20.18.57

Hi Tekalight

appriciate your fast reply, said to hear that Studioo one hase not a fix for that, so looks i have to remove the dll and save that channel presets and rebuild later with VST3.

Thank you
Kind regards