Knife Party kick

Hi, I have been listening to a lot of music from “knife party”. What I have noticed is the kick that they use in almost every track. Is it a 808 kick layered? 909? … also, when it comes to genres and kicks like that, what should the release button on the compression settings be? I mean, should it be so slow that it almost wont affect anything? Or, should it be so fast that it just slighty wont be any distortion?

Also, I would like to thank you guys for all of the great tutorials. I have recommended this site to a lot of friends and producers.

You can hear the kick from 1:30,

[url]Labrinth - Last Time (Knife Party Remix) - YouTube

Cheers

no its not an 808 or 909… im not sure exactly where its from but its got a live click and octaves in the sub.

you could try layering a 707 (live type click) with something like lin drum kick and an 808 for the sub.

alternatively you can wait a few weeks for our Ultimate drums Dubstep sample pack… weve replicated all knife party and skrillex type kicks and a bunch of others…the pack contains around 50 of the best kicks (from over 200 we made) in the dubstep style.