KRK 8400 Headphones

Just wanted to say I got a pair of theses recently, exchange from my roland rh300 which cost a good 40 bucks more and wow, they are ace.

If you looking for a good pair of headphones and you like or have krk monitors theses are the way to go and such a good price.

:wink:

Thanks for the review sounds like a good bit of kit - might have to invest in a pair of these!!

How is the low-end response on them? Are they true to the monitors as they suggest on their own reviews?

I want a pair of these for when the neighbours start pissing me offā€¦

Got a pair today. They are excellent! Very flat and true. I think they could use just a bit more bass, but I think they sound great.

Cool, I may have to get these.

Do you think theyā€™d be pretty useless in a DJ environment though? I want a pair that i can use for both DJ and production, two birds with one stone kinda thing.

Iā€™m not sure, Roben. Iā€™m not a DJ so I really couldnā€™t say how they would perform in that environment. I figure you need something that has a really fantastic bass response, especially for matching kicks and pitches down there, right?

J

roben i would personally suggest the beyerdynamic 990 pro for what you want . What Iā€™m curious is , do the headphones live up to the quality of their monitors ? Havenā€™t had a chance to listen to the headphones at work , but i sure hope they do , i might consider buying a pair. So , are they worthy ?

Thatā€™s interesting because I thought the KRKs lost details like harmonics and overtones in the highs but emphasized the bass (5-23k range).

Personally Iā€™d check out freq. range (higher than you can hear because you get the overtones) and a low impedance (so you can work with a laptop w/o an interface).

Hereā€™s a chart comparing both KRKs to the Sennheiser 280HD (8-25k) and the Sony MDR-7509HD (5-80k)ā€¦and if youā€™re like me and you are wondering WTF that all meansā€¦hereā€™s link explaining it: [url]http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/about-headphone-measurements.php[/url]

Note: if headphone.com is [color=ā€œ#cc0000ā€]temporarily down[/color] the link to graph above will be too)

Roben I dont see any reason why you couldnt use theses as DJ headphones as well mate.

I think their really good and my main reason for this is that with my previous headphones if I done mixing down on my laptop through them it would then sound like complete **** via my krk monitors. Not the case with theses, everything Iā€™ve done on them has required little to no changes which is what I wanted so to me they are ace.

Wayne,

What audio interface are you getting good results with the headphones - is it the VRM or another. How did you go on at the shop you were getting them to try out the low end for dance music?

Really wanting to buy the KRK phones and the VRM - any help would be appreciated.

[quote]mejaques_uk@hotmail.com (29/03/2011)[hr]Wayne,

What audio interface are you getting good results with the headphones - is it the VRM or another. How did you go on at the shop you were getting them to try out the low end for dance music?

Really wanting to buy the KRK phones and the VRM - any help would be appreciated.[/quote]

Iā€™ve been using the VRM box mate but the correction has been turned off a lot. Dont get me wrong I have used in with the correction on as well to check things which is what I guess its for but Iā€™m still not 100% about it. Waiting for the store to call me back today or tomorrow. I still think its a ace little soundcard and headphone amp however and for a good price.

If you have a music shop near you mate I would always say to go in and try them out. The good thing about my music shop in Edinburgh is they price match with internet and let you take stuff away to try out. I had my roland headphones for 3 months and they still let me change them for the KRKā€™s!

Thanks mate - will have a wonder into Manchester to one of the stores to see if they can demonstrate one.

As neutral and fair studio monitoring I wouldnā€™t get those KRKā€™s. They overemphazise the bass a bit. But they do can get loud. And as a DJ you could very well use that.

Iā€™m not sure whether you can get a pair of headphones that are great in studio as well as in the club. Cause the purpose they serve are different.