KRK Rokit 5

Anyone know if the KRK Rokit 5’s would be any good as lap top speakers where space is a concern?

anything is better than laptop speakers.

Yes but I would invest in a decent external soundcard to get the most out of them

[quote]slender (11/01/2011)[hr]Yes but I would invest in a decent external soundcard to get the most out of them[/quote]

Exactly… +1 to that my friend.

I have a pair of the KRKs and they are awesome from what I can tell.

[quote]J.HiZ (11/01/2011)[hr][quote]slender (11/01/2011)[hr]Yes but I would invest in a decent external soundcard to get the most out of them[/quote]

Exactly… +1 to that my friend.

I have a pair of the KRKs and they are awesome from what I can tell.[/quote]

Buying mine on Monday or Maybe the Yamaha HS50M - yipee my neighbours probably won’t be so extcited :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes lads, but which KRK’s do you’s have, or getting? Are they any good for monitoring?

When i get the money together i’m going for the 6’s

5’ inchers suck, save for better monitors imo. I have the rokit 5 and wanna get rid of them. They aren’t bad monitors, but their freq range is horrible.

[quote]Damian (12/01/2011)[hr]Yes lads, but which KRK’s do you’s have, or getting? Are they any good for monitoring?[/quote]

I have KRK RP8 G2 Rokit Powered 8’s… great low end response

[quote]djzmo (12/01/2011)[hr]5’ inchers suck, save for better monitors imo. I have the rokit 5 and wanna get rid of them. They aren’t bad monitors, but their freq range is horrible.[/quote]

I wouldn’t go [b]that[/b] far! I have had them for the past 3-4 months, top stuff!

had them for years, I think they are great.

[quote]J.HiZ (12/01/2011)[hr][quote]Damian (12/01/2011)[hr]Yes lads, but which KRK’s do you’s have, or getting? Are they any good for monitoring?[/quote]

I have KRK RP8 G2 Rokit Powered 8’s… great low end response[/quote]

8" subs, you’d expect them too :wink:

However I heard from a few people if you have a small studio, having the 8’s isn’t the better option and it’s normally better going for the 6’s? Is that true? What’s your thoughts on that?

Genuinly interested to hear more thoughts on that from people actually.

[quote]Roben (12/01/2011)[hr][quote]J.HiZ (12/01/2011)[hr][quote]Damian (12/01/2011)[hr]Yes lads, but which KRK’s do you’s have, or getting? Are they any good for monitoring?[/quote]

However I heard from a few people if you have a small studio, having the 8’s isn’t the better option and it’s normally better going for the 6’s? Is that true? What’s your thoughts on that?
Genuinly interested to hear more thoughts on that from people actually.[/quote]

Roben, I’ve got both 6’s & 8’s and the reason for having both is exactly that!  The 8’s are great for the low end and the opposite is said for the 6’s.  My room is about 10’ x 10’.  It isn’t treated at all - this could be a bit of the 8’s problem!

I have KRK Rokit 5 G2’s (with yellow cones) and I really like them–they are the most affordable monitors on Future Music Magazine’s top ten list. I tried Tannoys and I got a headache from the brightness and the weird crossover, so took them back for KRKs and am very happy.

Rokit 5’s are really well balanced in all ranges and have the most amount of features on the back for the price (i.e. you can go balanced or unbalanced, 1/4" and three prong mic-xlr connectors, and gain).

While bigger is always better, I have to say I have a small space for my setup, so I like the smaller footprint. Also, I’m mixing at a lower volume that when I listen to music and am not doing a lot of bass work.

[quote]lattetown (26/01/2011)[hr]I have KRK Rokit 5 G2’s (with yellow cones) and I really like them–they are the most affordable monitors on Future Music Magazine’s top ten list. I tried Tannoys and I got a headache from the brightness and the weird crossover, so took them back for KRKs and am very happy.

Rokit 5’s are really well balanced in all ranges and have the most amount of features on the back for the price (i.e. you can go balanced or unbalanced, 1/4" and three prong mic-xlr connectors, and gain).

While bigger is always better, I have to say I have a small space for my setup, so I like the smaller footprint. Also, I’m mixing at a lower volume that when I listen to music and am not doing a lot of bass work.[/quote]

I totally agree about the Tannoys, but when I compared the Rockets, Tannoys, and Mackie MR5’s the Mackie were the flatest sounding in my opinion. And that’s what really matters, is your opinion. Everyone has different ears. Go to the store and try out as many different monitors that you can (which fit your price range and are similar in size). Bring a CD with you with some different examples of songs with sounds that you’re familiar with. Make sure you get a good variety.

i’ve got a single one (saving for the 2nd ) (the RP5 that is)

and tbh i reckon its a daddy

bigger not necessarily better depending on the room youre in

[quote]djzmo (12/01/2011)[hr]5’ inchers suck, save for better monitors imo. I have the rokit 5 and wanna get rid of them. They aren’t bad monitors, but their freq range is horrible.[/quote]

they 5 inch ones got higher reviews than the 6 and 8’s, they have plenty of bass and very consistent monitors.

[quote]Jon_fisher (27/01/2011)[hr][quote]djzmo (12/01/2011)[hr]5’ inchers suck, save for better monitors imo. I have the rokit 5 and wanna get rid of them. They aren’t bad monitors, but their freq range is horrible.[/quote]

they 5 inch ones got higher reviews than the 6 and 8’s, they have plenty of bass and very consistent monitors.[/quote]

Your right you know :slight_smile:

[quote]Roben (12/01/2011)[hr][quote]J.HiZ (12/01/2011)[hr][quote]Damian (12/01/2011)[hr]Yes lads, but which KRK’s do you’s have, or getting? Are they any good for monitoring?[/quote]

Genuinly interested to hear more thoughts on that from people actually.[/quote]

when i tested monitors out i thought the 5’s had more bass than the 6’s but less than the 8’s. The 8’s weren’t as consistent as the 5’s or the 6’s and at low level they lost much of their detail and after a while i ended up going for the 5’s and i don’t think i’ll change them for any other monitor. they sound perfect to me :slight_smile:

i’ve got the 5’s and they are a terrific value for the money, i don’t think i am buying anything else for a while. i think they have great range and hold pretty true.