Layering the ANA

Hey guys when adding layers to any of your music are you have problems running more then 2 ANAs at the same time? It is lagging up all my stuff and it is frustrating. will updates eventually help this? and is anyone else having this problem?br
br
i am using a macbook air 1.8 Ghz INtel Core 2 Duo and 2GB of Memory

If you are using a lot of voices, notes and the built in reverb it can use a lot of CPU which is pretty normal.

the piece i am on now has about 12 ana’s, 1 massive, and aether all over the place. so far i am using about 20% cpu.br
br
-r

i should mention that i am running the latest and greatest macbook pro retina, 2.7Ghz quad core i7 and 16G RAM.br
br
-r

What is the temperature of your mean machine while running all those plugs?br
br
I also think you have to be careful of high temperatures for long periods of time because it can cause your machine parts life expectancy to be shortened. br
br
And have you got apple care?br
br
I have a br
2.7ghz Intel Core i7 br
16GB br
OSX 10.8.4 br
Classic MacBook Pro 2012br
and my average temp while on line are br
br
br
a target=‘_blank’ title=‘ImageShack - Image And Video Hosting’ href=‘http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/uh1l.png/'img src=‘http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/7870/uh1l.png’ border=‘0’//abr
Uploaded with a target=’_blank’ href='http://imageshack.usImageShack.us/abr

[quote]Limiller4 (14/06/2013)[hr]Hey guys when adding layers to any of your music are you have problems running more then 2 ANAs at the same time? It is lagging up all my stuff and it is frustrating. will updates eventually help this? and is anyone else having this problem?br
br
i am using a macbook air 1.8 Ghz INtel Core 2 Duo and 2GB of Memory[/quote]br
br
More ram could help, if you can put it in a macbook air

thanks for the responses guys. do you think there is a possibility that maybe i had some sort of corruption from downloading? is it worth a try to redownload and install?

[quote]Limiller4 (18/06/2013)[hr]thanks for the responses guys. do you think there is a possibility that maybe i had some sort of corruption from downloading? is it worth a try to redownload and install?[/quote]br
br
I think you need more RAM, 2 GB is not enough to run stuff on your mac. If you can, put in more RAM, it does not cost a lot but make sure it is the correct type of RAM for your mac because if not you will run into problems with your RAM. br
br
And if you can not put more ram into your mac air you are going to have to try and save cpu power (goggle cpu saving techniques)br
br
Also a bigger Hard drive or memory stick could help by using them as random access memory (RAM) this method works on a pc and maybe you could figure it out to work on a mac Air.

@rob heh, mine is definitely running warmer than that, at least right now…br
br
honestly, it doesn’t really bother me. i replace my computer every two years and i buy it to use it. i do have apple care.br
br

[quote]rforbes (18/06/2013)[hr]@rob heh, mine is definitely running warmer than that, at least right now…br
br
honestly, it doesn’t really bother me. i replace my computer every two years and i buy it to use it. i do have apple care.br
br
[/quote]br
br
cool man, br
br
You must have plenty of money and personally I would not buy I second hand rmbp from you because the risk of it breaking would be high and it would be hard to fix. br
br
And your temperature readings seem unusually high for a rmbp ?? they are suppose to run cooler than a cmbp.

Mine can run in to the 80s but generally only when im doing serious video rendering.

well, i make sacrifices. like, food is for those who don’t need a new laptop! (ok, that is a joke)br
br
actually, after this conversation i did a little research as it seemed too hot to me. the problem is, figuring out how to cool it. cooling pads do nothing for MBPs. I actually think it is possible the readings are wrong. i need to do research to figure out what is the bets app for temp stuff in the rmbp. br
br
btw, i just sold my last mbp to a friend of mine and it is running great! so nyah! :)br
br
-r

Funny