Let's start a riot!

Anyone see the footage of the riots in Vancouver.

I went down to watch the Hockey then stepped out of the pub to a freaking warzone, it was ridiculous. Cars on fire, people looting stores, smoke bombs being fired by the police, mass stampedes of people when they did.

Truly shameful show, Vancouver.

Part of why I hate hockey, I think half the people who watch it are just there for the fights. I live in Canada too so everyone was talking about it. Not like killing people and burning sh*t is going to make Vancouver win.

Then again I don’t like hockey to begin with, but still. How bad was it on the street?

[quote]Bouffont (17/06/2011)[hr]Anyone see the footage of the riots in Vancouver.

I went down to watch the Hockey then stepped out of the pub to a freaking warzone, it was ridiculous. Cars on fire, people looting stores, smoke bombs being fired by the police, mass stampedes of people when they did.

Truly shameful show, Vancouver.[/quote]

It was slender!

[quote]Mussi81 (17/06/2011)[hr][quote]Bouffont (17/06/2011)[hr]Anyone see the footage of the riots in Vancouver.

It was slender![/quote]

Funny you say that on an anime board I got the blame too :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the whole thing is a bit sad really - I mean there are plenty of things to be angry about in the world - but to riot over a sports event is just a little pathetic in my eyes - but then I don’t know hasn’t Vancouver had quite a few riots in the past ?

No… THIS is a bit sad:

[url]The Sun

However many odd thousand 30+ year old office workers going mad for something that is just one of the worst marketing ploys ever.

It really is tragic on so many levels.

[quote]bangthedj (17/06/2011)[hr]No… THIS is a bit sad:

[url]The Sun

However many odd thousand 30+ year old office workers going mad for something that is just one of the worst marketing ploys ever.

It really is tragic on so many levels.

[/quote]

I want righty :slight_smile:

more cushion for the pushin slender? :smiley:

LOL I think she would swallow me up whole :slight_smile:

[quote]slender (17/06/2011)[hr]LOL I think she would swallow me up whole :)[/quote]

Are we confident it’s a ‘she’?

[quote]gedeon (17/06/2011)[hr] How bad was it on the street?[/quote]

Pretty bad. People were just senselessly smashing even the smallest stuff up. YEAH, PUSH OVER A MAILBOX, THAT’LL SHOW THE BOSTON HOCKEY TEAM! There were tons of photos being taken so pretty much everyone without a scarf over their face is going to get caught when they plaster the photos everywhere.

We stopped one random act of Vandalism and almost got in a fight because of it. I’m not putting any details of that on the internet though! Suffice to say, if it’s on camera anywhere we’re not getting in trouble, but I’m not a Citizen here, so I’m not putting myself at risk of getting turfed out for a misunderstanding!

A big department store got looted, we saw that, there were tons of fires we saw on the way back to my buddies place. Lot’s of people just generally being idiots, climbing onto roofs, lampposts etc. One scary moment was a huge bang then a massive cloud of smoke. Not sure if it was tear gas or a smoke bomb but everyone panicked and there was a pretty big swarm of people running from it. (like, 3-400 people).

That’s crazy. I never understand why people trash their own city. Really, they all should have gotten in their cars and drove to Boston and rioted there. LOL

[quote]bangthedj (17/06/2011)[hr][quote]slender (17/06/2011)[hr]LOL I think she would swallow me up whole :)[/quote]

Are we confident it’s a ‘she’?[/quote]

Hey my sex life is so barren these days I ain’t that bothered :slight_smile:

[quote]jbachjr78 (18/06/2011)[hr]That’s crazy. I never understand why people trash their own city. Really, they all should have gotten in their cars and drove to Boston and rioted there. LOL[/quote]

It’s a pretty big drive - I think they may have calmed down by 3 days and 2 hours -

Directions

What they should have done is driven to boston pizza and smashed that up -

Directions

LOL, no I understand that.

I’m just making a joke. It’s like why destroy your own city? It’s like what does that prove to Boston.

Just silly.

[quote]Bouffont (17/06/2011)[hr]Anyone see the footage of the riots in Vancouver.

i was thinking about going to vancouver for a game… im seattle. where you from?

[quote]J.HiZ (20/06/2011)[hr][quote]Bouffont (17/06/2011)[hr]Anyone see the footage of the riots in Vancouver.

i was thinking about going to vancouver for a game… im seattle. where you from?[/quote]

I’m actually from the UK but I live in Kelowna, which is interior BC, about 4 hours from Van, 5 from Seattle.

What is it with pansy sports and their fans being aggressive? You never see fans of Boxing or MMA kicking off cos their man lost.

[quote]Roben (20/06/2011)[hr]What is it with pansy sports and their fans being aggressive? You never see fans of Boxing or MMA kicking off cos their man lost.[/quote]

That’s because half of them commit suicide after they lose. No need to riot when the guy takes himself out of the equation.

Disclaimer… for those who know someone who committed suicide, I do take that seriously and please understand this is just a joke.:wink: