Life - Opinions

yo party people

heres a heavy one…  Life… whats the reason/point??

now im not getting ready to do myself in! lol but was just thinking, whats the reason and the point to a life?

is it to do something big thats gonna be left for future generations to look back on?
is it to just keep moving through trying to have fun and enjoy yourself from week to week?
is it to start a family and make enough money by working at whatever job is available to get through and live a comfortable life?

or anything else you guys think of.

interested in your ideas on what the reason/point of life.  :smiley:

I think its a little bit from column A, B & C. You’ve got it all there.

You need to get the balance right between your work life, your love life (Family, Friends, Partner…) & your dream life (whatever you aspire to be / gives you pleasure…)…

If you give too much to one, the rest suffers.

Equilibrium is what you need to be aiming for.

And the point to it is that you’ll be happy… and thats what life is about. Promoting good vibes & minimising regrets.

Oh, and not being responsible for screwing up the next generation :hehe:

hmm interesting.

anyone else?

any moment could be your last, so just enjoy life as much as you can everyday. the meaning of life is simply experiencing it.

for me its to be happy in all that im doing … theres no point in doing something that gets you down   dont dwell on shiz thats already happened that you cant change

in short have fun everyday of your life coz it goes well to quick :).

so just have fun and not worry about your “legacy”? exist in the world and when youre gone, youre just gone. people in years to come not know of your existance? i think we should change something in the world, make yourself known in some way…?

tbh im not to fussed about that if it happens it happens .

im not gonna spend my life worrying about what two/three generations down the line will think of me when i really couldnt give a monkeys what this generation thinks of me  lol :slight_smile:

Well I know alot off us have kids - so theres your legacy :slight_smile:

Upto my 30s it was all headnonistic fun but now my priorities have changed and it may sound a bit soft but for me its trying to be a better person and be content with the decisions I make for myself and others.

I am no saint by a long way but fortunate to be in a job where I can directly help people on a daily basis

As for making a mark for next generations well we can’t all acheive that if we’re honest so just live your life in the best way possible and take the sh*t with the smooth

[quote]slender (12/09/2010)[hr]Well I know alot off us have kids - so theres your legacy :slight_smile:

Upto my 30s it was all headnonistic fun but now my priorities have changed and it may sound a bit soft but for me its trying to be a better person and be content with the decisions I make for myself and others.

I am no saint by a long way but fortunate to be in a job where I can directly help people on a daily basis

As for making a mark for next generations well we can’t all acheive that if we’re honest so just live your life in the best way possible and take the sh*t with the smooth[/quote]

well said man !:slight_smile:

Life is all but a collection of experiences.

My wish is just to do something so that someone, somewhere down the line discovers my life’s work and gets inspired the same way I did when it was being created. Leave my little mark on the world and just change that little something.

Also, take hunners of drugs while you can. There’ll come a time when you just can’t do it anymore or actually have responsibilities!

Hunners?

Is that Metric or Imperial? :smiley: :hehe::hehe::cool:

[quote]ICN (13/09/2010)[hr]Hunners?

Is that Metric or Imperial? :smiley: :hehe::hehe::cool:[/quote]

A few ounces here, a few grams there. :wink:

LOL

some interesting views guys thanks.

I think your priorities change. Like for instance; until recently I was all about having just enough belongings to fit into a backpack so I could move on at a moments notice. After 4 odd years of that I’ve now started to accumulate a few things and I actually quite like the feeling of having a home and possessions.

What I get from this is that I like to do whatever makes me happy at the time.

Screw legacies, I’m not powerful enough for that.

I think I’d like to get to the end of my life with as few regrets as possible. I only have one real regret at the moment which I think is not bad, considering I’m not far off 30.

[quote]bouffont (13/09/2010)[hr]I think your priorities change. Like for instance; until recently I was all about having just enough belongings to fit into a backpack so I could move on at a moments notice.[/quote]

like de niro in heat… lol wtf you into man!?! :w00t: diamond heister

[quote]jpgetty2win (13/09/2010)[hr][quote]bouffont (13/09/2010)[hr]I think your priorities change. Like for instance; until recently I was all about having just enough belongings to fit into a backpack so I could move on at a moments notice.[/quote]

like de niro in heat… lol wtf you into man!?! :w00t: diamond heister

[/quote]

Hahaha, pissed myself laughing at that one.

Care to explain your reasons for this bouf mate? I’m intrigued.

Hah, sadly not as glamourous as that.

Well the story goes that I had a whole heap of stuff accumulated in the UK - furniture, appliances, DJ gear, thousands and thousands of records etc etc. I was all set to fall into the groove that a lot do - work my way up in a job I didn’t really like, buy a house, fill it with crap, add to the pension etc etc. After a particularly crappy week I decided that enough was enough - quit my job, sold more or less everything I owned, chucked a backpack on my back and buggered off.

It was the best decision I ever made. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of not owning a thing of any real value, barely owning any possesions, being able to move to another country at a moments notice if need be etc. The only difficult thing was selling my record collection. That was like getting kicked in the nuts. I went from about 3500 records down to about 100, which are currently in my parents attic.

So, to conclude this rambling - After four years I’ve actually bought a couple of bits (I now own a sofa, a desk, a TV etc) and it’s quite nice knowing I actually own some stuff.

However, I think they’ll always feel like ‘money tied up in matieral objects that I could sell to go travelling’ :slight_smile:

Oh and on the diamond heister thing - my god, you don’t know how many times I’ve thought a life of crime would be better than a life of good! I’ve just not got the minerals for it!

seems to me bouffont that you made an amazing choice …when your old an pissing yourself on an hourly basis the memories that youll have will make you smile and think WoW thats what i did with my life and i met some amazing bods along the way too.

Very cool man :cool:

It’s cool that you think like that bouffant, it’s quite a refreshing outlook on things.

Personally, I am materialistic, things like nice clothes, computers, a nice flat etc make me feel good. The reason why is because I’ve never had much life in my life, although thanks to my mum, bless her, I never went without. Realising this it makes me want to work hard and succeed at things not just for myself but for my mum as well, so that when I do get these things, there’s that sense of accomplishment and pride within one’s self.

That’s why I like possessions because there’s always something more behind them than meets the eye. Like a story attatched to it, well for me anyway.