Like or Not?

making some more patches for synths today just made this and would like some feedback.

take no notice of the beat (i forgot to mute it when i bounced the audio down) its a single patch made in sylenth

Synth patch by jon_fisher

Very nice man works even better with the beat … i likes it nice 1 jon !:slight_smile:

thanks mate

LIKE - nice one John your becoming a resident sound designer.

What happened to the other Sylenth patches uou were supposed to be uploading - did i miss them?

Once again great stuff and with the beat it works realy well!

there was one uploaded a while back, for anyone that wanted it i’ll upload when i upload this next one.

if you are talking about the one with the dave spoon leads and bits then its the one i’m currently doing, this isn’t something that i do every day, just simply when i have a bit of spare time or i’m bored.

finish my shift work again Wednesday so will probably get some more done :slight_smile:

Yes very nice again jon, any chance you could post a few short notes when you upload the presets for those of us not using sylenth?

http://www.dancemidisamples.com/DMS-Sylenth1-Sound-Bank.html

you should charge a small fee!

Where do you find time to do this?

Wife, kids, work, music, I can’t fit it all in lol

Hi jon sound design Jedi - yeah it was the patches which included the dave spoon but I guess it’s still work in progress. Keep it up

Alright dude. So you’ve gotten quite good at sound design, so I have a challenge for you. I was flipping thru the radio while driving today. Yao your challenge is to recreate the bell like synth and the Rhodes piano from Bette Middler’s “From a Distance”. You up for the challenge?

[quote]howiegroove (15/03/2010)[hr]Alright dude. So you’ve gotten quite good at sound design, so I have a challenge for you. I was flipping thru the radio while driving today. Yao your challenge is to recreate the bell like synth and the Rhodes piano from Bette Middler’s “From a Distance”. You up for the challenge?[/quote]

yeah i’ll have a go dude. wouldn’t say i’m getting good at it though lol still just playing around

[quote]mussi81 (14/03/2010)[hr]http://www.dancemidisamples.com/DMS-Sylenth1-Sound-Bank.html

you should charge a small fee!

Where do you find time to do this?

Wife, kids, work, music, I can’t fit it all in lol[/quote]

i wouldn’t charge for my sounds yet and i wouldn’t pay for those either, maybe at a later date when i get good at this sorta thing i may start asking for donations to by new synths.

at the moment all i do is play around until it hits the spot, learning what the effects are of mixing the oscillators and trying to find the spot on the filter that sits nicely.

it’s all great fun and currently i’m enjoying doing this more than i am writing music.

[quote]kaya_marks (14/03/2010)[hr]Yes very nice again jon, any chance you could post a few short notes when you upload the presets for those of us not using sylenth?[/quote]

yeah sure i don’t mind doing a little write up of sorts, but i wouldn’t want it taken to seriously as it would only be based on what i’ve learned myself and nothing with a great deal of knowledge behind it lol

[quote]jon_fisher (15/03/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (15/03/2010)[hr]Alright dude. So you’ve gotten quite good at sound design, so I have a challenge for you. I was flipping thru the radio while driving today. Yao your challenge is to recreate the bell like synth and the Rhodes piano from Bette Middler’s “From a Distance”. You up for the challenge?[/quote]

yeah i’ll have a go dude. wouldn’t say i’m getting good at it though lol still just playing around[/quote]

Thats not the winners attitude that I’m looking for!!!

BTW, I’m gonna sell my Prophet 08. :frowning:

[quote]howiegroove (15/03/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (15/03/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (15/03/2010)[hr]Alright dude. So you’ve gotten quite good at sound design, so I have a challenge for you. I was flipping thru the radio while driving today. Yao your challenge is to recreate the bell like synth and the Rhodes piano from Bette Middler’s “From a Distance”. You up for the challenge?[/quote]

yeah i’ll have a go dude. wouldn’t say i’m getting good at it though lol still just playing around[/quote]

Thats not the winners attitude that I’m looking for!!!

BTW, I’m gonna sell my Prophet 08. :([/quote]

you mean you’re gonna give it to me :slight_smile: why thank you very much i couldn’t be happier :wink: