Limiter

Fed up off Abletons one - so anyone can recomend me one that will not cost my sons education fund - oh PC too in case you hadn’t realised :wink:

Hi, I have the PSP Xenon which is fantastic but I got it when it was on sale for $99, now it is $250 so even with the exchange rate that is quite a lot.

http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/dynamic_processors/psp_xenon/

I hear the Pro L from Fabfilter is really good which is £149, if you already have the Pro Q I think it might be cheaper.

Hold on, didn’t I see you today or yesterday saying that you weren’t going to buy any more plugins? :slight_smile:

Ha education is so so overrated

Yeah $250 is a little steep but I do have ProQ so will look into that - cheers Ant

waves makes one called the L2 which is very good.

Fab’s is also looks great though i have never used it. there products are so visual and colorful.

if you ask me you cant go wrong with that. since your getting tasteful professional quality.

[quote]TheAnt (23/03/2011)[hr]Hold on, didn’t I see you today or yesterday saying that you weren’t going to buy any more plugins? :)[/quote]

Wheres Jon when you need him to delete posts :stuck_out_tongue:

the PSP Xenon, its the best limiter ive ever used…

I like xenon, but then I like all PSP stuff…

but I"d test FG-X from Slate Digital, I think it’s amazing!

Quite CPU hungry and not cheap but comes with compressor and nice VU meter :slight_smile:

a friend has the sonnox limiter, bit of a bad boy!

vintage warmer?

Most people that use the vintage warmer will stil put a proper limiter after it…

[quote]jjdejong0 (23/03/2011)[hr]Most people that use the vintage warmer will stil put a proper limiter after it…[/quote]

Agreed

I’m using two limiters when i bounce out a track and then run it for a master.

It happened by accident i had one on … the L3 in waves the multimax and then i clicked on the L3-ll ultra and all of a sudden the tunes just sounded so much cleaner. I did a few comparison masters and showed a few people and i think i may keep it this way.

It’s worth thinking about things like that. i used to think you should only have one limiter etc but i guess its all down to what gets you the sound and quality your after. Music has no rules

Welcome back Nina - and interesting idea of using two limiters - its funny how accidents can turn into pleasent surprises

So I demoed PSP Xenon and yeah I maybe in love :slight_smile:

the fab filter Limiter is really good. it has some great easy to use presets that work well.

Told ya slender the Xenon is the best limiter ive ever used…

[quote]slender (24/03/2011)[hr]Welcome back Nina - and interesting idea of using two limiters - its funny how accidents can turn into pleasent surprises

So I demoed PSP Xenon and yeah I maybe in love :)[/quote]

Yeah, it is really great. It is easy to get results much better than theAbleton limiter. I have spent a bit of time working it out and I thiink it has a lot more to give.

[quote]UnitedVision (24/03/2011)[hr]the fab filter Limiter is really good. it has some great easy to use presets that work well.[/quote]

definitely that Fabfiler plug ins and limiters sound just amazing. try the demo and u will hear the difference

Thanx slender (been working far to hard haha)

Someone told me that the Digital fgx lmiiter / compressor is a “must” … Although i haven’t grabbed a demo to try just yet and i guess it is down to personal opinion as for what works for you best

Pro-L From Fabfilter for me. I also Use FG-X. Both recommended.